i want to clean up the engine bay

trav_19

Oct 29, 2006
Jackson, MI
I live in michigan so no emission test's or nothing...and my engine bay is so clutered yuck!! i want to remove everything i dont need i want ps and ac though, what all can be removed? egr valve? i was told it could be blocked off with a plate?? my air pump i want out ...it has a o/r h on it...i did not install so im guessing the one end at that pipe is probley already blocked off...what else can come out to get the cluter out?

• Sponsors (?)

i havent but i was looking at a c&l unit...but im not sure what injectors i will be running because right now there stock...sooo if i do it i gotta do injectors too...i was wondering if they make those replacement tubes do they fit the kits for our 94-95 kits?

I have the same questions as trav.
What all can be eliminated and still keep the A/C and PS?
What things if yanked will cause a code etc.
Would like to get all parts needed assembled and ready to go, then pick a weekend.
Thanks,
KO

I deleted:
Egr, smog pump, evap system, cruise control, a/c, all the vaccumm lines associated with egr, smog and all the stuff in the pass. fender, cats. Thats all I can think of, but I'm sure there is more. You can bacially reroute alot of stuff better than stock and hide wires and such in the fenders.

heres what i did in my engine compartment.

i still run a/c, powersteering, and a gutted smog pump (sleeper look LOL)

delete your EGR and push the plunger in the sensor halfway so it wont turn on a CEL. you will get a soft code but no CEL. block the bung on your passenger side header with a 5/8 (close enough) brass fitting from the hardware store or run fox style headers. get a 351 fuel pump block off plate to go on the elbow unless you run the fox TB setup.

delete you AIR by removing all the solenoids and hoses. remove the steel lines that come off the back of the head and plug them with a 9/16 bolt or get the special inserts to block them off. theres a few vacuum line you have to plug off and then shove them into the fender. run a short belt, or buy a idler, or gut the smog pump.

i did this first and it made a huge difference in appearance.

the next step was hide all the wiring, relocate the battery, and paint the engine bay. when i look at my friends mustangs and others at car shows, i almost laugh at how nasty it looks under there LOL

EDIT: almost forgot. hide that ugly hood release cable into the fender. that was one of the worst things i hated to look at. it was probably the easiest to.

sorry man, you just had to ask. i dont want to be one of those pic whores like some people on here LOL JK'ing

its going to look alot better this fall when i get the car out of storage. i have a lot more bling to add.

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00010.jpg
    DSC00010.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC00011.jpg
    DSC00011.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00068.jpg
    DSC00068.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00072.jpg
    DSC00072.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 38
just some 3inch piping i had laying around. that was probably my 4th or 5th CAI i made. the first one i made was around 3in and was for my stock intake. 2nd i did some improvements. 3rd was the new 3.5 inch fox style with the EGR spacer. the 4th was with the Fox EGR delete plate i made.

hmmmm.... if i convert over to fox throttle body ... i might order one up from you...it looks really good!!!!! oh i found a site for a lot of chrome accessories!!! if you want i will list it for you they have a chrome idler pully! it looks to be all your missing

ya post up that link.

i'm getting a idler pulley from wazee. just waiting for his e-mail back. brand new pulley for about half price. theres a very minor defect in it that he doesnt feel like selling to someone at full price.

i would like to get a great price on package deal because all that stuff adds up to alot of money for some shiny.