I Was Owned By Ls1

I'm w/ 905.0GTford i've raced quite a few ls1's and it seems that first and second i can hang but when third aproaches forget it. Now if i had supercharger or nitrous.....hmmmm I'll be right back! Well seriously tho, they have 350...i've got 302 and they have more tech. advanced engina so the fact that i can hang at all says something about fords engine. However, i think what i shall do is sell my 93 coupe and go with an 04 cobra...LS1 problem solved

• Sponsors (?)

25thmustang said:
Who made you an expert, you clearly dont have ANY clue here...

I have Stock heads (unported with a set of valves), Stock cam, and a Cobra intake. I dont make 280 rwhp, and I run with LS1s on my street tires! I dont have crazy 4.56 gears, I have 3.73s. I dont have a gutted race car, but all the power options, leather, CD player, and get 24 mpg on average now!

You obviousely havent tried to run with an LS1 with less than H/C/I or you would realize it isnt out of reach of a mild, NON H/C/I combo!

If were talking 1/4 mile race, equal drivers, your going to need 250+ rwhp to run with a stock LS1 (talking general here). On street tires, unless your cutting 1.8s or better, and assuming the LS1 has the same driver. You do NOT need 300 rwhp, but its all reletive to 50,000 variables that will make the comparison unfair.

In the end the one thing I can say is you dont NEED 300 rwhp, and H/C/I to run with stock LS1s!

I was waiting for you to shed some light on this thread! :nice: I agree 100% with you.

I would also like to add the both the T/A and Camaro were really never that attractive, IMO. I also do not like the way they drive nor how the seating position is.

For me, the reason that i own a foxbody is that they are nice looking, like the old muscle cars and very fun and easy to work on and mod.
Also, like 25th said, you really don't need all that HP to run with one. What you do need, is to know how to drive! Remember, 25th is running mid 12's with the little work he has done.

25thmustang said:
I have Stock heads (unported with a set of valves), Stock cam, and a Cobra intake. I dont make 280 rwhp, and I run with LS1s on my street tires! I dont have crazy 4.56 gears, I have 3.73s. I dont have a gutted race car, but all the power options, leather, CD player, and get 24 mpg on average now!

You have 272rwhp right?

25thmustang said:
You obviousely havent tried to run with an LS1 with less than H/C/I or you would realize it isnt out of reach of a mild, NON H/C/I combo!

I don't think he was ever denying you can't "run with one"...we were talking about truely beating one. Matching mph per mph. Some of the 1LE z's with the ls1 and t56 are trapping 109-110mph stock...

25thmustang said:
In the end the one thing I can say is you dont NEED 300 rwhp, and H/C/I to run with stock LS1s!

I don't think he ever denied "running" with one...just beating one.

Im talking about Highbredcloud and what he said. There were a few posts in here saying you need this or that, and the truth is it isnt needed to run with one. To out run one, I have seen high 13s out of them at my track, and also low 13s @ 109. There are soo many variables to judge. I just hate when people say you NEED something, with no real proof. I more or less agree in the fact the average vs the average its gonna take a bunch on the 5.0 to keep up and especially beat an LS1!

crazykid, you dont have to believe what the car runs, but I ran the 12.9 at FFW in NH. I ran my 12.56 at Fords @ Etown. I run my times at events that lots of people attend, and anyone who doesnt believe the car, come to one of them! I have no problem with people who dont believe it, makes me feel better because I know I did something most others wouldnt be able to do!

PS: I had 272 rwhp with my rebuilt bottem end, when I went 12.9. I made 265 with my $50 original bottem end and ran 12.56! Long story short, the rebuilt was missing a few oil galley plugs, and failed to properly oil the front lifters!

5spd GT said:
Some of the 5.0L's "back then" were selling upwards of 16k or so...and look what you "get" with the ls1 compared to the 5.0L....

Sure if you could get the LS1 under invoice. Some LS1s were selling for over 30k. Also, some 5.0s "back then" were selling for under 11k... My 89 cost a couple dollars more than 12.

Chris

CrazyCobra said:
AlI have witnessed a bone stock(had an o/r H) 87 notch back with 4.10's and BF drag radials run in th 13.2x 's all day, how fast does a LS1 run in the 1/4? If by "pull that 100mph trapping car" you mean after the 1/4, the race is already over.

First, 13.2s aren't going to outrun all stock LS1s. Second, not all races end at the 1/4, nor do all start from a stop. This is particularly true of the place most races happen, and that place isn't at a racetrack. A lot of people want a car that they will race on the street, not at the track. In these comparisons, the LS1 is going to murder the stock or bolt-on 5.0s in any race longer than 1/4 of a mile, or in any race from a roll. Do you think the LS1 is going to shut down when he's pulling on you by about 10 mph?

I wish you guys would stop the arguments about beating these cars. A lot of you seem to think that the 1/4 is the "end all" of comparisons. Others, including me, think that the 1/4 is only one type of race. Others still regard trap speed as the more important figure in dragracing (as opposed to ET).

All this bickering about one car beating another seems to me to be over semantics.

I don't think anyone here believes that a 5.0 with mere bolt-ons is going to stay ahead of an LS1 on the top-end. At the same time, everyone here understands that a bolt-on 5.0 with excellent traction can beat an LS1 off of the line so handily that it will stay ahead through the 1/4 traps. Unless you intend to debate either of these points, quit wasting your time arguing semantics - you already agree with each other. You just don't seem to like the ways others phrase their arguments.

Chris

FastDriver said:
First, 13.2s aren't going to outrun all stock LS1s. Second, not all races end at the 1/4, nor do all start from a stop. This is particularly true of the place most races happen, and that place isn't at a racetrack. A lot of people want a car that they will race on the street, not at the track. In these comparisons, the LS1 is going to murder the stock or bolt-on 5.0s in any race longer than 1/4 of a mile, or in any race from a roll. Do you think the LS1 is going to shut down when he's pulling on you by about 10 mph?
Read the original thread, :nonono:
Case one at the track, a stock engine 87 speed density notch with a set of 4.10's and some traction will likly give a stock ls1 every thing it can handle,
My example is at the track, nor did I state that the mustang would win, just be a good race AT THE TRACK. Please read first, understand what has been said, then criticize :) .

FastDriver said:
I don't think anyone here believes that a 5.0 with mere bolt-ons is going to stay ahead of an LS1 on the top-end. At the same time, everyone here understands that a bolt-on 5.0 with excellent traction can beat an LS1 off of the line so handily that it will stay ahead through the 1/4 traps.
This supports what I said in my original post, and i agree 100% :)

FastDriver said:

So a nice SC will take care of the race from a roll. How will a SC hold up after the 1/4 mile?

Guyfoxbody said:
I was waiting for you to shed some light on this thread! :nice: I agree 100% with you.

I would also like to add the both the T/A and Camaro were really never that attractive, IMO. I also do not like the way they drive nor how the seating position is.

For me, the reason that i own a foxbody is that they are nice looking, like the old muscle cars and very fun and easy to work on and mod.
Also, like 25th said, you really don't need all that HP to run with one. What you do need, is to know how to drive! Remember, 25th is running mid 12's with the little work he has done.
WERD UP!

EDIT: sorry, 80's falshback :)

crazykid2056 said:
Not to flame, but it's hard to believe your (25th's) LX 5.0 is two seconds quicker then stock with just those mod's.

Good job, your an awesome driver with the wind at your back ;)
NMRA factory stock class was running low 12's five years ago, on stock heads and cams. I believe.

Cliff :)

WLDHRSE said:
Giving up, not hardly. There is just no point. Not only have you not read the first couple of pages, you aren't even reading the new stuff. Or you really are the dumbest person on the planet.

How have I not read the first two pages...would you like me to give you a link to the first two pages? Your not a very good debater... :nice:

If I'm not reading the new stuff...then how am I responding to it and some are agreeing with me? Coincidence? Pure Luck?

WLDHRSE said:
Exactly how does me saying that I can not change plugs on the vette in 5 minutes prove anything, and what exactly is it that you proved? EVERYBODY knows that they can't be changed that quickly. It takes that long to change the plug on a lawn mower dumbass.

You want to know why...because you should know that the plugs can't be changed that quickly and you "owning" one should be able to point that out if you can take them apart in your sleep which is not possible, especially if you don't have the cars :p

No everybody doesn't know...and you're one of them obviously.

I can change a lawn mower plug in literally 20 seconds...plus that would depend on model/make of the lawnmower...

Your not to good at this are you?

WLDHRSE said:
Obviously if you had read any of the earlier stuff that you were ripping apart, you would know that the four-eye freak is my 93 GT. I'm just wondering though, since you did not read the posts to see that this car is a 93, I'm guessing you looked at the sig pic like I said in my first post. If that's the case, how the hell did you confuse this car with an 86? Either way, you weren't paying attention and obviously still aren't.:rolleyes:

Four eyed cars are not 93's...that is 86 and down...your again wrong on the cars. If I didn't read the post...how did I respond to them and what they had in them?

WLDHRSE said:
I'm not giving up, just bored with you. If you want to see my stuff, it will be at Carlisle this weekend. The 93 will be there on Sat, outside the show. The vette will be there Sun, definately outside the show (for reasons that may not be appearant to someone of your thought capacity).

Oh, yeah I'm going to drive all the way from Carlisle to see your "proven" cars...yeah like that is realistic and that is supposed to prove something :rlaugh:

Hey I'm going to be in India this weekend and you can see me car there if you don't that I have a broken door handle :nice:

I'm fairly sure I have more "thought capacity" than you...you keep getting busted on your "own" stuff :shrug: That can't be a good sign :p

StockLX said:
Well i consider a bolt on to be anything you can "bolt on" without requiring machine work.

i wont go into major detail, but the main components are:
tfs twisted wedge heads, street heat intake, stage one camshaft,
24lb injectors, etc etc.....

i did the motor long after the ls1 race though... although i think id have em pretty good now. the regular lt1's are very easy now too ;)

Well bolt-on's on "here" are not considered h/c/intake...especially not the heads and cam because it changes the machined portions of the car from stock to non-stock. The valves/springs/cam ramp rates/lift/duration/overlap etc...but whatever you want to call them is up to you. I would just infer they are h/c/i because many on here will see that and think 300rwhp is possible with bolt-ons.

crazykid - 25thMustang has quite a bit of mods to help him acheive the goals he gets...nothing freakish about it. He has all the bolt-ons/cobra intake/gears/skinnies up front/E.T. streets in the back/etc. It is pretty light as well...and he is a good driver. It all adds up.

25thmustang said:
Im talking about Highbredcloud and what he said. There were a few posts in here saying you need this or that, and the truth is it isnt needed to run with one. To out run one, I have seen high 13s out of them at my track, and also low 13s @ 109. There are soo many variables to judge.

OK...you are missing the point here...109MPH and running low 13's...what exactly does that tell you? what is the car capable of? PLEASE TELL US!

25thmustang said:
I just hate when people say you NEED something, with no real proof. I more or less agree in the fact the average vs the average its gonna take a bunch on the 5.0 to keep up and especially beat an LS1

lol...a bunch...huh? like H/C/I? :rolleyes:

25thmustang said:
crazykid, you dont have to believe what the car runs, but I ran the 12.9 at FFW in NH. I ran my 12.56 at Fords @ Etown. I run my times at events that lots of people attend, and anyone who doesnt believe the car, come to one of them! I have no problem with people who dont believe it, makes me feel better because I know I did something most others wouldnt be able to do!

well...I guess I'm doing something wrong here...AND I guess people like ED C are too...Hell engineers at AFR...Ford Racing...I guess those aftermarket companies and all the reputalbe people here are just stealling our money...Nothing beats OEM parts I guess :shrug: :rolleyes: What elevations are you running at? From day 1 I questioned your times! Just imagine what a set of ported E7TE stocker's would do for you...? You'll be on your way to the 10's in no time... :rolleyes:

25thmustang said:
PS: I had 272 rwhp with my rebuilt bottem end, when I went 12.9. I made 265 with my $50 original bottem end and ran 12.56! Long story short, the rebuilt was missing a few oil galley plugs, and failed to properly oil the front lifters!

or maybe...there is something else that you are not saying that is done to the car...maybe YOU don't even know!

:notnice: DISCLAIMER: Since JJ88GT has not commented in a couple of pages and already got the information he needs in the first two pages, and because I'm a big pic whore, I'm back in.

5spd GT said:
You want to know why...because you should know that the plugs can't be changed that quickly and you "owning" one should be able to point that out if you can take them apart in your sleep which is not possible, especially if you don't have the cars :p

No everybody doesn't know...and you're one of them obviously.
The fact that I told you I could not change them in five minutes did point that out, like I said before.
BTW, this is my C5, it was blue (2nd sig pic) until about 3 weeks ago.
48209566-0908-02000180-.jpg

48209570-edcc-02000180-.jpg

5spd GT said:
I can change a lawn mower plug in literally 20 seconds...plus that would depend on model/make of the lawnmower...
I doubt you could get your thumb out of your azz in 20 seconds to get the project started. Once you did it would take at least 20 seconds to get a tool out to remove the spark plug, so I'm quite sure you can't do the job in 20 secs. I doubt you would even figure out what the right tool for the job would be in that time.

5spd GT said:
Your not to good at this are you?
Obviously better than you! :lol:

5spd GT said:
Four eyed cars are not 93's...that is 86 and down...your again wrong on the cars. If I didn't read the post...how did I respond to them and what they had in them?
That's so amazing, your knowledge knows no bounderies.

BTW, that was my point, you are responding nonsence because you have no clue what's going on. Maybe cuz your not reading, maybe cuz your the idiot that we believe you are.

Before I show you the good stuff.....

Do me a favor, since you've obviously read and comprehended (sp?) every post in this thread, go back and find the one (or more) where you keep saying that I said I have an 86 stang. That will show what's what in itself. You're the man, go find it.

Now answer me a question dumbass, does this look like an 86? Since you're the man, why don't you tell us what it is.
12986928-69e6-028001E0-.jpg

25825625-f683-02000180-.jpg

5spd GT said:
Oh, yeah I'm going to drive all the way from Carlisle to see your "proven" cars...yeah like that is realistic and that is supposed to prove something :rlaugh:
Like I said, idiot!

I did not ask you to drive FROM Carlisle to see anything. I did say that if you want to see some of my stuff, it will be at Carlisle this weekend. You would have to drive TO Carlisle to actually be there.
Incase you were not aware, Carlisle is about the biggest all Ford event in the country.

5spd GT said:
I'm fairly sure I have more "thought capacity" than you...you keep getting busted on your "own" stuff :shrug: That can't be a good sign :p
Well you haven't proven here dumbass. What else you got?

Cliff :)

Well, the garden variety 1989 LX ran 14.7ish.

With just minor bolt on's, intake, gears, slicks and exhaust this car would run 12.56?

It does seem a little weird, cosidering my '02 GT with similar mod's was only running 13.6

Highbredcloud said:
OK...you are missing the point here...109MPH and running low 13's...what exactly does that tell you? what is the car capable of? PLEASE TELL US!

Thats because the average one doesnt run 109 mph. I have only seen one, maybe two go that mph, the average one will trap 105-107. I know a LOT of Fbody owners, and all will agree with me on this.

lol...a bunch...huh? like H/C/I? :rolleyes:

The sad truth is most Mustang owners cant drive, and dont know how to mod their cars, therefore, they have to bolt on all the go fast parts to run the times. I dont know how many H/C/I cars I have beat who should be going much faster.

well...I guess I'm doing something wrong here...AND I guess people like ED C are too...Hell engineers at AFR...Ford Racing...I guess those aftermarket companies and all the reputalbe people here are just stealling our money...Nothing beats OEM parts I guess :shrug: :rolleyes: What elevations are you running at? From day 1 I questioned your times! Just imagine what a set of ported E7TE stocker's would do for you...? You'll be on your way to the 10's in no time... :rolleyes:

Again I cant control how slow other people go. Its not my fault most people cant drive, tune, build, etc... I have a combo that works, my dad has a combo that works, and so do all my friends I race with, let me guess, we all cheat, and have parts we dont list? Dont believe my times all you want, I know what the car has run, and can run, and know whats doen to it (and so does anyone else who reads my posts), the fact you dont believe it, makes it better for me.

or maybe...there is something else that you are not saying that is done to the car...maybe YOU don't even know!

Well the fact I threw the $50 shortblock in the car, the next day drove to NJ, and then ran mid 12s all day, then proceeded to drive home. Im pretty sure I know whats inside my motor! Again those who claim I have more than I do, must be jeleous of the fact they couldnt run what I run. Its a good combo, with a lot of track time on it, and some good driving. Again its not my fault some of you guys cant build cars or drive to save your lifes...

WLDHRSE said:
:notnice: DISCLAIMER: Since JJ88GT has not commented in a couple of pages and already got the information he needs in the first two pages, and because I'm a big pic whore, I'm back in.

Sounds good to me...

WLDHRSE said:
The fact that I told you I could not change them in five minutes did point that out, like I said before.
BTW, this is my C5, it was blue (2nd sig pic) until about 3 weeks ago.

Just face it you don't know how to work on the ls1 (even a plug change)...yikes - kind of scary :(

Nice looking vette...

WLDHRSE said:
I doubt you could get your thumb out of your azz in 20 seconds to get the project started. Once you did it would take at least 20 seconds to get a tool out to remove the spark plug, so I'm quite sure you can't do the job in 20 secs. I doubt you would even figure out what the right tool for the job would be in that time.

Does it take 20 seconds to pick up a socket wrench? You know their are sets of common spark plug size sockets right? Like 5/8's for example. If it takes you twenty seconds to pick up a socket wrench and socket...well I'm sorry :p

Don't you use a hammer to pull the plug out...kind of like a nail? :p

WLDHRSE said:
Obviously better than you! :lol:

:rlaugh:

WLDHRSE said:
That's so amazing, your knowledge knows no bounderies.

You ain't kidding :nice:

WLDHRSE said:
BTW, that was my point, you are responding nonsence because you have no clue what's going on. Maybe cuz your not reading, maybe cuz your the idiot that we believe you are.

How am I responding nonsense? If it was nonsense...how could you respond back with answers/questions? Answer me that Mr. Riddler :D

This thread is about Geo Metro's scratching second gear right? I might go back and read to make sure though...

WLDHRSE said:
Before I show you the good stuff.....

Do tell...don't keep me waiting :rlaugh:

WLDHRSE said:
Do me a favor, since you've obviously read and comprehended (sp?) every post in this thread, go back and find the one (or more) where you keep saying that I said I have an 86 stang. That will show what's what in itself. You're the man, go find it.

It's called editing...you familiar with it? :nice:

WLDHRSE said:
Now answer me a question dumbass, does this look like an 86? Since you're the man, why don't you tell us what it is.

I didn't know I was the man...wow...I feel great right now :nice:

Is that 86 lights? and a 93 car (front end fascia)? Looks similar to a capri IMO.

WLDHRSE said:
Like I said, idiot!

Losing control?

WLDHRSE said:
I did not ask you to drive FROM Carlisle to see anything. I did say that if you want to see some of my stuff, it will be at Carlisle this weekend. You would have to drive TO Carlisle to actually be there.
Incase you were not aware, Carlisle is about the biggest all Ford event in the country.

So do you expect me to stay in a hotel...since I can't drive back FROM carlisle? :rlaugh: I figured you would have picked that out...but I guess not. You said to come up (understood) so I said you expect me to drive back FROM...come on now...don't make this to easy for me. :)

Isn't Carlisle a site for geo metro car shows?

WLDHRSE said:
Well you haven't proven here dumbass. What else you got?

As long as you make it this easy...I can go on forever...literally.