I6 To 302

Jetman34

Apr 5, 2017
So I'm new here and not sure exactly where to post this so don't roast me if I'm in the wrong spot. So I've never really done a whole lot of work on cars other than replacing sensors, brakes, Axel's etc.. the basics but I've decided I want to learn to work on them and who doesn't want to restore an old mustang? So I've found a complete 67 with an i6 that's been pulled and it's pretty rough. I've got a 94 f150 with a strong 302 in it, so my question is could I put the 302 in the 67. I'm sure if it's possible they'll have to be some modifications made, but how tough is this going to be?

• Sponsors (?)

So I'm new here and not sure exactly where to post this so don't roast me if I'm in the wrong spot. So I've never really done a whole lot of work on cars other than replacing sensors, brakes, Axel's etc.. the basics but I've decided I want to learn to work on them and who doesn't want to restore an old mustang? So I've found a complete 67 with an i6 that's been pulled and it's pretty rough. I've got a 94 f150 with a strong 302 in it, so my question is could I put the 302 in the 67. I'm sure if it's possible they'll have to be some modifications made, but how tough is this going to be?

Yes, the 302 will physically fit.

Which transmission is in the truck with the 302, and do you want to use it as well?

Do you want to keep EFI or convert to a carburetor?

Pics of the car will help, need to see what we're working with (pics of the outside just because, pics of the engine compartment and transmission crossmember would be actually helpful).

You will need v8 motor mounts,the metal brackets at the frame rails also. transmission mount will be the same. The EFI for the Ford truck will have to come off,it is to tall to fit under the hood.an aftermarket intake will bolt righr on .you will need a different distributer ,a Unilite or pertronix will work fine .You will also need to change the pulleys

This is good information to know, thanks to everyone. Things fell through and I didn't end up with the car so I'm back on the search but I will stay active here because there seems to be a lot of people here with good knowledge about this stuff, knowledge in sure I'll need.