Identifying heads on 351c

I have a 351c and was trying to identify what heads are on it. It is a transplant into a 69 and there are no numbers or letters in the corners of the heads. From what I read this would suggest the heads are 400s, but the intake is for a 351c 2v (Edelbrock 2750). Can anyone help me with this?

• Sponsors (?)

You'd be best off by pulling the valve covers and/or the intake to give you a few clues......

Try this little page, for starters

Pay close attention to the "Parts Catalog" and "Forum Member Tech Articles" for little clues to what you have there. When you feel sufficiently fortified, register for the "Main Forum" and talk to people who know way more that you and I put together about this wonderful "little big-block".

OBTW, don't be misled by the fact that the ports on your 2750 intake are slightly smaller than the ports on even a "2V" head. That was just Edelbrock trying to improve on the 2V's port design back in the early 70's (and still held over today). "Tech Articles" discuss this; but there's no clear winner in the debate about whether or not this actually works.

If you buy into all this, it can become a major obsession..... just look at the posts in the Discussion Forum to see what I mean.

if there is a 4 in the corner of the head, then they are 4 bbl heads for a 351c. a 2 indicates 2bbl beads for the 351c. nothing indicates heads from a 351m/400. the nice thing is that there is really no difference between the 351c 2bbl heads, and the 351m/400 heads,a nd the 351c 2bbl intake will work nicely.

The problem is I am looking to buy headers for it so I need them to match. I hope to pull the heads off next week and take a peek.

again, there are virtually NO DIFFERENCES between the 351c 2v heads, and the 351m/400 heads. just like 289/302/5.0 heads they interchange. everything that bolts to the 351c 2v heads, also bolts to the 351m/400 heads.