Mach 1 Idle Problem

mach1grrl

Founding Member
Sep 25, 2002
Naperville, IL
So I went to leave for lunch today and my mach started and then died. It would not idle. Unless I kept pressure on the gas, the car would die. So I headed straight to the dealer and I guess the idle cord on my mach died, which he said was not very common. I am sad :(

Just curious if anyone else has had a similar problem?

• Sponsors (?)

cool thanks guys...I feel much better. I was worried since the service guy said it wasn't very common. Still sad though b/c apparently the IAC on machs and cobras have to be ordered from TN, so I am machless for 2 or 3 days...I hate being away from my baby...lol

oogtdude said:
what color? i'm waiting on delivery for a black 1....the wait is sooo stressfull!

Mine is Azure Blue...just like the one shown in 24 last nite actually. Is yours a 2003 or 2004? I have had mine since last Feb...I hated the wait too! Sucks though b/c I am about to enter my first midwest winter with it :(

nope no garage:(

Our garage is full already with classics and a viper...so my mach and my mom's cobra have to sit outside during the winter. sucks huh? especially having to scrape all that snow and ice off the windows at 8 in the morning!

I just got back from getting my IAC checked for the lingering rpms and they said it looked fine on their machine.
Said it was normal, something to do with the emissions crap.

I wonder since their not a svt dealer if they could be wrong?

Or is there a chip I can get burned to get rid of this?

Dennis