Idle surges

I bought my 1999 mustang gt about 4 years ago. Ever since I bought it it has idled rough. It has no cats I have replaced the iac, replaced egr, changed all spark plugs/coils, cleaned maf, when I had bought it I noticed coolant everywhere in the engine bay when I had got it home. Which was do to the person that owned it before me had put a after market intake manifold on and left the old gaskets on while putting the new one on with the old ones.

When driving it still gets up and goes it's not sluggish at all. While driving everything is okay but when in stop at a stop light/ stop sign that is when the idle surges and drops, sometimes it even stalls. I noticed it runs better when I have the vaccum line removed that goes from the crank case to the car. It runs alot better that way compared to having it an active line. When it was active it would shut off every time I stopped. But with it removed it doesnt do it everytime just every once in a while. I also tried cleaning throttle body but no help there either.

• Sponsors (?)

Replace the PCV valve. its black and connects to the top of the PS valve cover. If this is clogged or dirty it can cause your issue. I have a 99 mustang gt and that's where mine is. You could also have un-metered air entering after the throttle body. When at higher rpms the amount of air is enough to keep the car running fine but at lower rpms this extra air is telling the oxygen sensors downstream to have the PCM make adjustements, for example subtract fuel or add fuel. If its adding fuel you should smell it. If its subtracting fuel the idle could bounce up and down, known as searching for idle which could stall the vehicle.