If Anyone Has Went On A Cruise And Drove To The Port, Question Inside

92GreenGT

PEAT
Founding Member
Jul 18, 2002
Big Stone Gap, VA
Since the 5 liter section is the only one I post in, I figured I'd post this here. Booked a cruise for May 16 of next year and was trying to figure out if I wanted to fly down to Miami or make it a few day road trip. My question is: Does anyone know how much parking would be down there for a week? I don't care to drive but if it's going to cost the same to fly, you better believe I'll be flying. Just looking for some info on that since I can't find too much about it on the net. Thanks guys!!!

-Dave

• Sponsors (?)

I just went on a cruise out of miami. It is about $20 a day to park there. Or $25 I can't remember. But if you fly you have to think about a taxi too and a hotel, or get really good timing on your flight.

It is not my plan to discourage you, but I have this re-occurring dream. I go somewhere in my stang, park it and go do whatever. When I come back, I can never find my car or it has been trashed... Scary, isn't it...:eek:

I book my cruises through cruise planners and get a bus pass with my package. The cruise lines usually have buses ( tour bus type of bus) or one they contract with so give them a call or your travel agent. My inlaws had their car broken into at the miami port years ago so that pretty much left the idea of me leaving my car at the port out. If I leave out of port carnival which is rare I have family by there and have gotten dropped of at the port.

My wife and I cruised out of Miami a couple years back. Can't remember the specifics, but I know that the cost of gas and parking together was about half the price of plane tickets, and we were coming out of Indiana.

I will tell you though, flying is WAYYYYYYYYYYY more convenient and less stressful.

I vote for flying as well. I can't remember the cost per day but back in 05 the wife and I went on a 14 day cruise and the parking was over $400 if I remember right. With gas and everything way more convienent to fly. Just a note though..with the new bag fees we spend $300 to get our luggage there and back on us air (we had 8 bags, 4 checked)

Thanks guys!!

The only way I would drive is if I could leave two days early so I could take my time and enjoy it with everyone. We'll see what happens though, can't wait either way but the replies in here are much appreciated.

No problem. I am about two hours from Miami, so driving was my only choice. Never had a problem with people breaking in. I did have my ties stolen out of my bag in the Port of Miami. Who would have thought.

Parking at Port of Miami is $20 per day. Highway robbery for sure.
If you have to drive,then it is better to get a rental car. I will be sick worrying about leaving my Mustang in a public place while I am thousand of miles away.

It is not my plan to discourage you, but I have this re-occurring dream. I go somewhere in my stang, park it and go do whatever. When I come back, I can never find my car or it has been trashed... Scary, isn't it...:eek:

time only said:
Parking at Port of Miami is $20 per day. Highway robbery for sure.
If you have to drive,then it is better to get a rental car. I will be sick worrying about leaving my Mustang in a public place while I am thousand of miles away.

Did you have the same dream I have? :rlaugh: