If anyone remembers the Regal GS thread.

04YELLOWGT

Jun 29, 2005
Indiana
A long time ago I asked you guys how you thought I would do aginst a moded 01 GS, well we raced tonight. We line up and go, I beat him by at least 20-30 lengths no lie. Which before he told me he would kill me because he was running like 15lbs of boost, had exhaust and a CAI. Tonight we race and well he put the stock exhaust back on, is running stock boost now and all he has now is the CAI and his car is still not running right. :nonono:

Ya right even if he had all those things "back on" I still dont think he would have beat me. Plus I dont think you can run that much boost on stock internals on that car or any non forged block for that matter.

Still waiting on the STI. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

mity2 said:
who the hell mods new Buick Regal GS?
is this like new trend amongs the senier citizens?

same concept as a GTP. Supercharged 3.8l takes well to upped boost and freeing up airflow.

anyone asking "who would mod a buick" obviously has never encountered a GNX before. Turbo'd 3.8l from the factory, GM had to put a stop to it because it was making corvettes look bad.

thomas91169 said:
anyone asking "who would mod a buick" obviously has never encountered a GNX before. Turbo'd 3.8l from the factory, GM had to put a stop to it because it was making corvettes look bad.

If your talking the Grand National ya those were badass cars, I always wanted one of those :drool: .

thomas91169 said:
GM had to put a stop to it because it was making corvettes look bad.
One of my friends had a 87 GN and the other a 88 vette and the GN used to spank the vette. The kid with the Vette was pissed because it was like 10k more. They both beat my 89gt but it held its own back in the day.

So what if he street raced him? You didnt get arrested and noone was hurt, and you beat him....its all good :nice: . And NICE kill!

I for one MAY street race on occasion when noones around...although I HATE doing it because of the cop threat :(.

hotmustang331 said:
So what if he street raced him? You didnt get arrested and noone was hurt, and you beat him....its all good :nice: . And NICE kill!

I for one MAY street race on occasion when noones around...although I HATE doing it because of the cop threat :(.

same here.. the holier than thou crowd wants you to think they dont ever race if it isnt on a track... ummm yeah ok

thomas91169 said:

I'm very much awear of GNX and their potential.
I'm talking about Buick as Buick today. Not Buick of by gone years.

mity2 said:
I'm very much awear of GNX and their potential.
I'm talking about Buick as Buick today. Not Buick of by gone years.

yes but the same 3.8L powerplant with a different power adder, and i believe in a bit heavier FWD platform(since the GTP's are fwd, im only assuming the buicks are as well).

i dont see any reason why it cant be a quick little dd with some mods, plus its quite a big bitch, so it can handle some fatties in the back seat.