If You’ve Ever Cursed Aluminum Wheels, This You Gotta See!

bradfier

Mar 2, 2010
This story starts out like any other, I just got my aluminum power steering reservoir from Moroso and I had 15 minutes before we needed to leave for dinner. So I cracked it open and got to work. After fighting with the hoses for way longer than 15 minutes, they finally let loose with an eruption of power steering fluid which can only be described as catastrophic. Power steering fluid all over my spotless engine bay and down the front fenders. I wiped it off and had a great dinner story, apparently the lines are pressurized. A few days later I took it to a car wash with my trusty degreaser (Super clean) sprayed it down and had it all shiny again, or so I thought. Once I got home and popped the hood to wipe it down, I noticed my nice new aluminum tanks had spotted and turned this horrible grey. I called up Snavely and Dosch and they recommended “Busch Aluminum Polish”. 45 minutes of elbow grease and … see for yourself!

Power Steering Tank BEFORE...
View attachment 169068

Power Steering Tank DURRING...
View attachment 169069

Power Steering Tank AFTER...
View attachment 169070

Fuse Box Cover DURRING...
View attachment 169071

Fuse Box Cover AFTER...
View attachment 169072

Misc. Pics when finished...
View attachment 169073

View attachment 169074

View attachment 169075

• Sponsors (?)

I can't remember what brand of polish I use on my aluminum and stainless stuff in my engine bay. It works as good as your pics. I have'nt polished mine up in a while. I hardly drive it and I don't go to any car shows anymore.