If you could change one thing with the new stangs..

what the 05' needs

personally it needs at least a 1 or 2 in cowl hood stock or at least a scoop on the hood...the hood is too boring. dont like the GT badges on the fenders either...seats are still under par...but still agreat buy....i actually work for honda and the new SI civics are selling for 22k!!! what a rip:rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

I would add an all American small block V8 with 16 pushrods (302/351). That's just me. I have a 5.4L Expy, and there is no way I would want that motor in a Stang. I cant even see the back of the motor in the truck, and it's a freakin bitch to work on. DITCH THE IMPORT MOTORS!!!
Brandon

SeventyMach1 said:
Shelby never really built a Shelby Mustang necessarily to race or "keep up" with the Vette. That's what the Shelby Cobra was for. The "real" Shelby Cobra.

So yeah, I guess you can say that the GT500 will be underpowered when compared to a new Z06. But what did Shelby use to race the Z06's used in the '60's? That's right, the original Cobra. So what now? There's a new one on the way boasting over 600 hp from a V-10.

are they even making that car reality?
I see your point, and you're right, but at the same time, the vette was once a p.o.s. high 16 second car 1/4 mile in the 80s...

but now with their new monster, i just think that the stang needs to be aware that the bar has been raised.
they do good work, there's no doubt brand new $35G for 300 horse...
but their top end cars have always suffered
in comparrison to what they already have.

Maybe i'm just really po'd with saleen, and I don't know how to express my anger :D

Yeah, people have said that the trunk is over extended and i totally agree. Shave some of the stuff of and make it more chode like, fill the wheel wells out with an appropriate sized wheel/tire combo (18's do look small, gotta be bigger than that!)

What I dont get is why no one has mentioned how crappy the tail lights look. Come on, Mustangs have always had 3 red sections on the lights and Saleen took one section out with that gay black plastic honey comb cover. If I saw a new Saleen in a parking lot I would rip that crap off, break it in half, piss on it, and wait for the owner to come back to see how much better it looks.

Cadwell, your photo-crop looks sick! If only we all could take part in the new designs of the Mustang, we would have one hell of a car!

I do like the body kit/rim combo Saleen chose, if the rear bumper wasnt so long....
Still sober and going stir crazy,
-fawcett

More than one thing is necessary.

Make the rear more of a fastback style,along the lines of the 67-68,and 71-73

Get the weight down.Where is all the weight coming from?With all the lightweight materials available today and how they Mickey Mouse cars today,it`s still a pig.

Lastly,drop in that already built,5.8L,(351cu.in) modular V-10.
You know...the one that`s built off the 4.6L and fit`s in place where any 4.6L now resides.
This V-10 would not cost Ford much extra to make according to an article I read,because it`s just basically adding 2 extra cylinders to the 4.6L engine.
(this engine has also been built in 390 and 427 cu.in versions as well)

Here`s the article link for those that may be unaware of these engines and think I`m smoking crack:lol:.

www.autofieldguide.com/articles/050401.html

I agree with bringing the weight down.

Instead of 3488lbs, I'd like to see about 3188lbs. I'd also like the car to be smaller on the outside.....they increased the length/width/height from the 99-04 model which was bigger than the 94-98 style. I think the 94-98 body style is about how big a Mustang should be and with the lightweight materials they could've gotten the weight under 3200lbs.

harrisonfiveo said:
i actually work for honda and the new SI civics are selling for 22k!!! what a rip:rlaugh:

What do you do at Honda? I'm a mechanic at a Honda dealership here. Those newer SI's aren't to terrible, but they're still not worth $22K!

ROLLIN5.0 said:
I would add an all American small block V8 with 16 pushrods (302/351). That's just me. I have a 5.4L Expy, and there is no way I would want that motor in a Stang. I cant even see the back of the motor in the truck, and it's a freakin bitch to work on. DITCH THE IMPORT MOTORS!!!
Brandon

You think that's bad, try working on an LS1! I had a Z28 come in the other day, what a PITA! Seriously, the back 4 cylinders are under the dash on that thing. What a joke!

CManT1914 said:
You think that's bad, try working on an LS1! I had a Z28 come in the other day, what a PITA! Seriously, the back 4 cylinders are under the dash on that thing. What a joke!
i bet i can change a cam in an LS1 faster than you can change one in your 5.0. i think LS1's are very easy to work on, the LT1--now that is a diff story.

back on topic though, they really should have offered the T56 as an option.

bimmertech said:
i bet i can change a cam in an LS1 faster than you can change one in your 5.0. i think LS1's are very easy to work on, the LT1--now that is a diff story.

Hmm....... I can't see how the LS1 could possibly be easier to work on than a 5.0. I'm assuming you don't plan on pulling the heads when you change the cam? Cus if you gotta pull the heads or intake, yikes!!

On topic, I can't stand the factory wheels that come on the 05's!! They looked good on the 96-98 (same basic style) but they look like crap on the newer ones. If they put different wheels on, and maybe lowered it, it would look 1000x better.

CManT1914 said:
Hmm....... I can't see how the LS1 could possibly be easier to work on than a 5.0. I'm assuming you don't plan on pulling the heads when you change the cam? Cus if you gotta pull the heads or intake, yikes!!
the intake isn't bad at all--have to pull to change oil press sensor(done a thousand)

for the cam, pull v/c's, loosen rockers, remove pushrods, remove timing cover, timing chain, rotate cam to lock lifters in bore, slide out cam, slide in new cam, install everything else, rockers are bolt down and don't need adjustment.

i can do heads in a day, but it is not that much fun. removing an engine can be done in 2 hours.

changing heads in car on an LT1 is a 22hr job. it is easier and faster to drop the motor, same with headers.

on topic, they should have offered rear end ratio options like back in the day--and on f-bodies.

I think it should have got tails like the concept
MustangGTCoupConcept07.jpg

AutoWeek2.jpg