If you had the money...

That's a tough call, but if it were me, getting the KB might actually be the logical choice. If I paid the car off, I'd end up saving that monthly payment, but I'd also be going out more, spending money on drinks and stuff. I'd never be able to save for that KB, most likely. Plus only 200 in interest is nothing. The question is, are you disciplined enough not to blow that extra money each month and actually save it. I know I'm not.

• Sponsors (?)

Simple. Give it to me and I will buy myself a Mustang. Then you dont have to figure out what to do with the cash.
Really its a win win situation. :D

Dave Ramsey would say grow up and pay off your freakin car, dont be a little boy who has to have fun with his toys.

I listen to Dave all the time, and I see what he is saying, but I must admit that $6k dropping in my lap like that would probably go into the Mustang, and I DONT mean the payments!!! It is a hard thing to do, but the most frugal and responsible, expecially if you have a family. I owe about 2.5 years on my Mustang, but at this point I would write a check to the bank for $6000 and pay 6-9 more months on it, and be done.

Man, I wish 5K would pay off what was oweing on my vehicle. I'd probably buy the blower at this point, but if $5,000 was all I had left oweing on my car, I'd probably pay it off and be done with it. :shrug:
You still owe over $5000 on the Cougar? :eek: Thats nuts! Car ait worth half that. :shrug:

*knows what car he owes money on but wanted to mess with him anyway*

As much as I would want to buy the KB, I say pay the SOB off. I hate having my car payment hanging over my head, & believe me, I owe WAY more than you do... I have made the same mistake with my car, I could've been happy with it, & spent most of the money I did on mods, towards paying it off instead. Although, I don't have a problem making my monthly payment, Im just sick of feeling like its never gonna be payed off...

You still owe over $5000 on the Cougar? :eek: Thats nuts! Car ait worth half that. :shrug:
Even though we're talking about my new Truck...if we were talking about my Cougar....its obvious the car itself being a '96 isn't worth $5,000 (dispite the shape its in) the drive and power train in it has nearly $17,000 invested. :eek:

I realize I'll never see that money out of it, but if I can't recoupe at least 50% of the total invested its staying right where it is. :D