If you're thinking about going black, don't think - do it.

• Sponsors (?)

I like the solid black, even though I hated it years ago.

The 99+ leather seats could probably be had for $200-400 without much worry.

I will be getting rid of these soon and going with something that I can say with 100% confidence, you will NEVER SEE IN A MUSTANG! Stay tuned for something really off the wall with the new seats.

I did mine in black and turned out great. FYI, you CAN dye the carpet as well. I was in a pinch and just went ahead and dyed my carpet. Looks fine if you leave in nice floormats. Just spray the paint in different directions to get plenty of coverage.

I'm in the middle of doing this right now...and i mean right now. My car is sitting outside with 3/4 of the interior out of it.

Question: Anyone with a hatchback that has done this....how did you get the back quarter panels off??:shrug:

I'm stuck. The seatbelt goes into that panel, and the only way i can get that panel off is to unblot the seatbelt. I have tried, but that bolt is so damn tight it wont budge. The only thing I can think of is an air compressor, impact wrench, and the biggest "star" bit i can find? But i have none of that.

Can anyone help me?

I did mine in black and turned out great. FYI, you CAN dye the carpet as well. I was in a pinch and just went ahead and dyed my carpet. Looks fine if you leave in nice floormats. Just spray the paint in different directions to get plenty of coverage.

i was thinking about it..maybe ill do that this weekend..how many cans do you think it would take? 2 or 3 for good coverage?

I'm in the middle of doing this right now...and i mean right now. My car is sitting outside with 3/4 of the interior out of it.

Question: Anyone with a hatchback that has done this....how did you get the back quarter panels off??:shrug:

I'm stuck. The seatbelt goes into that panel, and the only way i can get that panel off is to unblot the seatbelt. I have tried, but that bolt is so damn tight it wont budge. The only thing I can think of is an air compressor, impact wrench, and the biggest "star" bit i can find? But i have none of that.

Can anyone help me?

put a breaker bar over the wrech. thats what i had to do...

i love my OEM mint black interior hehe

LOL! I enjoy mine too, even in our hot, humid Houston weather...... without AC!!! It broke a few months after I did the install, and I haven't had a chance to replace it all.

I liked my red interior, afterall I bought it new that way. But when I found a black interior for cheap, I decided to go for it. Takes some work to keep it looking clean, but it sure does look better than the old interior! :D

Finally got the bolt off. Went to advance and got a star bit set...it came with a ratchet. Also went ahead and bought some Tuff Stuff and my paint. I was going to use the electric drill and see if I could put the bit in there and pop it loose, but after about 10 seconds of it binding down and starting to smell I stopped. Got the ratchet in there and gave it a few good tugs and it finally loosened up. The only thing I didnt like was cutting a slit where the bar for the back seats goes through it.

Doing some painting here soon, try to get some pics up tonight or tomorrow.

Le fin...

I finished the plastic parts yesterday, just need a new headliner and sun visors. I need to take pics. Oh and I wonder if 95 seatbelts will fit? I dyed my stock seatbelts for now but it never retracted (since I bought the car) and the belt itself is pretty worn on the edges.

Now the search for black leather 01+ seats starts...

Some guys have installed the later model seatbelts on their Fox cars. They had to bend the mounting bracket locating tab and move the retractor around on the bolt to find the right position to allow the belt to release and retract properly. Maybe do a search for sn95 seatbelts or something.

I plan to at some point find some belts from a 01-04 and try them in my car. The newer seats have the nice attached belt latch, but they require the newer belt to work.

welp here are the pics, I know the carpet is dirty and you may see some blue in there, I have the seatbelt parts near the tranny tunnel to do and also the headliner...

normal_i1.jpg

normal_i2.jpg

normal_i3.jpg

normal_i4.jpg

normal_i5.jpg

normal_i6.jpg

normal_i7.jpg

carpet is a dark grey carpet that was given to me, not a molded piece... buying a black molded carpet later on when I find the seats I want. The shifter is the stock piece but cut and machined... :)

The mustang text on my radio delete plate lights up with the parking lights - that's my rice. Oh and I'm getting an aftermarket steering wheel next week...