ignition box mounting

Bolt on 5.0

Founding Member
Jun 26, 2002
Suffolk, NY
Have any of you guys mounted a ignition box in place of the stock air box with a engine monted filter. Using a cold air intake pipe, but the kind with the filter in the engine compartment. I do not want to have a fenderwell mounted filter, and do not want to relocate the batter to the trunk. Any help or pics would be apreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

From what I have seen in the past, many remote install the battery to the back and use the baterry box up front for the spark box. I tried to find a spot years ago and just could not a spot to put my 6AL under the hood. Maybe others may have different results.

Chris

I'm sure you considered it, but you don't want the box inside the cabin? It's the only way I'd do it but underhood temps here get insane.

Good luck.

I mounted mine on the Frame Rail under the Battery Tray. Ford did a favor by having many holes with threads already in them so I was able to fab up a piece of metal and bolt it to the frame rail without drilling a single hole. It is hidden from view and another benefit of this location is the close proximity to the Battery and the Coil.

I'll check to see about that under battery tray. If that looks good I will try it. I have also thought about running the ignition in the glove box but did not want to run the wires into the car. I hate running non factory wiring in a car. I am running out of options here though and the box is just sitting in my closet now so I will let you guys know how I make out. Thanks

onefstsnake said:
I put my 6AL in the passenger side foot well. Right beside/under the dash on the carpet.
I have seen it there on many cars. looks like a good spot to put it and it kinda cleans up a mess of wires under the hood. Mine however is mounted on passenger side fender where stock air intake box was.