I'M A NOOB HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Saleen8786

Oct 7, 2003
Marlton, NJ
hey guys im a noob to this forum mostly on 5.0 cause i have a gt but i just got a 4 banger notch to drive as a beater and is there any mods i can do to this thing to make some what quick. Can you guys give me any parts sites that i can get hi performance parts for my 2.3 :D :D :D

thanks alot guys
Jim

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome, here's a link to the biggest source: Racer Walsh.

http://www.racerwalsh.com/1_index.htm

2.3ls don't respond to bolt-ons like 5.0s do. Pretty much you have to port and polish your cyl head to increase your airflow, that and get a roller cam and followers out of a 2.5l Ranger. The stainless tubular header off the ranger is good too. I have yet to put mine on, but I understand it makes the car sound better and a adds a little torque(I said little ). Check the boneyards or eBay for the last two items.
Also if you wanted you could strip some weight off/relocate some weight. Delete your rear seat, battery in trunk,etc.. Anything to make the 4s job easier.
If you have the wherewithal, change to forged pistons and gas(nitrous) the animal, or as everyone else will say swap to a turbo motor...

Swapping in a roller cam from a 2.3 Mustang 91-93 would be a worthwhile mod. You can build a CAI (Cold Air Induction) Check the tech articles for the instructions. And of course, just run a search and you will find all kinds of stuff.

can i put a turbo coupe (thunderbird) turbo on my motor cause i can get a good one for free. please help me out guys i need to make this thing fast enough to outrun civics and eclipses at least so they dont think mustangs are slow :rolleyes:

The bottom end will not hjold up to a bolted on turbo. you will need an entire 88TC engine and that is the best wengine for this swap. There are many combos for what you are trying. If your 4 pot is in good running order here is my suggestion.

Buy a 88TC complete engine $400
Buy a header (bob's log, Stingers center)
buy a WC T-5 and toss it all in at one time with a fumm 3 in exhaust. It will impress you, then you can do may other mods to it to tune it in.

there arnt to many "parts" you can buy if your refering to aftermarket stuff. Racerwalsh has some stuff, but most of it is for a turbo or high rev track racing. Exhuast? You can buy a muffler online or at an exhaust shop if you know what you want. You take your car there and have them weld it in.