i'm a noob

BlueBleeder95

May 27, 2006
tennessee
wanting to say hello to all the pony peeps.thanx for having me and i hope y'all can help me as i'm getting ready to under take my first build.my baby needs new life,and i want her FAST!wife thinks its a mid-life crisis;but if i get my car the way i want it,she can think whatever she wants.have one question out the gate if anyone has ideas.i'm dropping a 347 stroker and am told i will have computer probs with a modded motor.can anyone tell me with certainty what chips and/or electrical goodies i am gonna be needing,or refer me to a shop that knows 95 modding and its troubles?i thank you in advance.i will post pics of my stocker as soon as i can.LATR.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the forums!

A little more info about your combo will be needed, and I remind you that above the main 94-95 forum page is the 94-95 Tuning sub-forum. That's the place to get the goods on the tuning aspect (be it a TwEECer, SCT chip, etc) of your project.

Good luck - sounds like a fun project!

BlueBleeder95 said:
...... am told i will have computer probs with a modded motor.can anyone tell me with certainty what chips and/or electrical goodies i am gonna be needing,or refer me to a shop that knows 95 modding and its troubles?....

First of all <marquee>WELCOME!!!!</marquee>

Second, ANYBODY with a stang our years that is planning major mods (bigger engine, forced induction, H/C/I replacement,) should be budgetting for a tuning device. A one-time chip is fine, but it doesnt allow you to change things if needed. The ones mentioned above are fine...Just put that in your budget. Also, budget for a larger aluminum radiator, such as a Fluidyne.

Good Luck!!

RC

welcome!

mine is my mid-life crisis too :rolleyes:

good to have another old guy on the board.

you have some options for the computer:

- if you are into the self-tuning thing, you can get a TwEECer

- you can get a chip burned

- you can have a stand-alone system (e.g. - FAST or PMS) installed

where are you located?