I'm an idiot...

:mad:So I recently purchased the Accufab 70mm throttlebody/plenum combo and went to install it today...
Removal of the old throttle body/plenum went well (I even took pics to make sure I knew what went where)
I guess you have to move some parts off the old throttle body onto the new one, and so I proceeded to use the old bolts off of the stock one to attach the "thing" to the new one (no freekin idea what its called)
So the bolts gave a little resistance into the new plenum, but I figured, hey its just some crud from the manufacturing process. So I kept tightening and tightening them and... yep... you guessed it... I snapped the bolt:bang:
So now I have a $419 useless plenum, not to mention I can't even put the old one back on because the old bolt is (obviously) useless
Now to clarify, YES I CHECKED THE BOX FOR NEW BOLTS...
What I did find was 4 screws (so I figured that they wouldn't put screws where bolts needed to go) so i proceeded to try the old ones
that was WRONG!!
Now I'm at a loss of what to do. I've tried drilling it out and using a metal punch and that worked well for a while... until my drillbit decided to break inside the hole.
So what would you do?
I really don't wanna drop another $419 bucks... how expensive is it going to be for me to pay someone to get it out?
I dunno whether to be mad at accufab for the fact they don't specify what the bolts are for, or mad at my novice attempt to install it myself (definitely mad at myself though)
Here's some pics so you can see what I'm dealing with...

View attachment 209923

View attachment 209924

Any help/ideas would be appreciated...

• Sponsors (?)

If I where you I would pull the plenum off. and use a drill press to drill the bolt out. Since it is aluminum I assume it is to seized to do much else. Drill it to a size that you can tap a bolt size up. Then you may have to drill the other hole to fit the bigger bolt through. That is what I would do anyway.

And next time use some anti seize when putting that **** in. Aluminum can be a bitch if you don't treat her right.

your lucky its a seized bolt , my Granteli plenum snapped in half :)
for some reason unknown to me , they use different size bolts with different hight than stock , not only the stock ones wont go in , they will snap the plenum if you over do it.
the bolt will come out with some effort , either drill it off , or take it to a machine shop and tell them you want the bolt out if you couldnt drill it :p

I agree- take it to a machine shop or drill it out. That is about all you have as far as options. You can always re-do the threads, just concentrate on getting that bolt out.

Go to sears and buy a easy out kit. Either style will work. Just make sure that once you drill the hole you tap the easy out into the bolt. The best style are the ones that have threads rather then notches on a tapered stud. Don't go drilling it out first use that as a last resort.

Yes actually it is regardless of the material. I use mine 3-4 times a month at work and some of the screws are aluminum to boot. If you know how to use them easy outs are extremely useful tools. Worst case the easy out does not work and you take it to a shop but its worth a try.

Thanks guys!
I think I'm just gonna take it to a shop and have it drilled out and re-threaded.
I had it all going good until the drillbit decided to break inside the hole...:bang:
would a normal auto repair shop be able to do it?
Do I take it to ford??