I'm doing the happy dance

Rootus

Officially Addicted
Feb 8, 2003
Portland, Oregon
vehicle-order-confirmation.jpg

It's the first step! The salesman had told me $500 deposit and they'd sell at MSRP. When the big boss entered the order, he modified the terms a little. Dropped the deposit to $250 and said they'd let it go for just over invoice -- that's their policy on all sold order cars that are not limited production. And never a markup, even on the limited production models.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Dave

• Sponsors (?)

RED98 said:
Cool, sounds like you'll be one of the first in this area to get an '05... hey you're in Hillsboro? Are you in the Mustang Wranglers club?
Yeah, hope to be one of the first. This is the first 2005 ordered by the dealer I went to, so with luck that means mine will be one of their initial allocation. I do live out in Hillsboro. Not a member of Mustang Wranglers -- that's Jordan's club, isn't it?

Dave

Did you have to haggle much to get that price? Was there anything specific that you said that got them to let it go at that great price? Just curious because I am very interested in ordering a 2005 also, and would love to get a deal like that. =)
Congrats!

Jonathan

BETTERBULLITT said:
Wow, that dealer has to love you.. paying over invoice for a car.. I guess though if you want it that badly that you can't wait.
Ummmm, when was the last time you paid under invoice, without any rebates? Not likely to happen anytime soon with the new Mustang, that's for sure.

I suspect you are confusing invoice and MSRP.

Dave

Dave

My dealer told me mine may come in as early as 6 weeks. That makes it late July early August. He said in his experience that early allocation cars have a priority.

Hoping he's right.

Frank

HairyCanary said:
Ummmm, when was the last time you paid under invoice, without any rebates? Not likely to happen anytime soon with the new Mustang, that's for sure.

I suspect you are confusing invoice and MSRP.

Dave

On my car I did.. The dealer still makes money from Ford for selling the car, dealer holdbacks you know.

But you are right with the new Stang you are going to get screwed over, that is why I would wait for a while. But that is just me.