I'm even closer to buying a welder than before . . . which one?

Zero Signal

Feb 24, 2003
Tucson, AZ
Looks like I may be buying a wire feed welder soon. I was looking at the Lincoln Electric or Sears models that are around $200-$250. I think Kyle has the Lincoln model from Home Depot that he used for his turbo project (if I remember correctly). What all am I looking to buy here, and which welder would I prefer to go with?? I don't see myself ever needing more than a 3/16" weld but I do see myself welding sheetmetal/tubing/light gage/aluminum etc. I definitely want an auto-darkening helmet. I guess I could find welding gloves and apron as well as the mask at Harbor Freight eh? How about welding jigs of some sort? What are your opinions!! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Pima welding supply off of prince has anything/everything you need. I even think they have argon/CO2 tanks you can buy with any hoses/connections/wire/etc.

I can't comment of the sears welder. The lincoln's are usually top notch quality. Do the welders plug into a 240 100 amp connection or is it a 120 30 amp plug?
Scott

I was looking at 120v, with a 20A cicuit. I looked into arc welders, but they all needed a 240 source which I don't want to mess with.

I'm not too far from those guys, I'll have to go down there and check it out:nice: