I'm New!

CBRTom

Nov 16, 2015
Howdy Y'all!

My name is Tommy. I'm from North Western North Carolina, in the mountains. I've always been a Ford guy. Never owned anything but. I've had all Ford trucks. F150, F250, and now I have a 2000 F350 with the 7.3L. I also have a 01 Ford Focus for my put around car. My summer hot day ride, is a 1999 Honda CBR 600 with a little top end work. I have a decent collection started! Ran out of garage space!

As of yesterday, I am the proud owner of a 1979 Mustang. The car runs and has all of the body parts. It just needs a paint job, bad. I saved it from becoming a demolition derby car! It has an inline 6 with an automatic. I do not know much about the car as of now. It is being delivered to my house today, and I will begin really working on it from there! My dad has always wanted a car to build with me, as a father son project. He is getting up in his age and health not being 100%. So I got this, so we can build a car together.

I plan on replacing the motor with either a 302 or 351. Leaning towards the 302. Swap the automatic out for a T5 tranny. It is going to be painted Ford blue, with a single black stripe down the middle. This being inspired from a paint scheme I found on Google. I want to redo the suspension, to a more modern suspension. And I want to completely redo the interior.

This is going to be a slow project, as I have several other vehicles and a bike I have to keep up. I intend on searching for a motor and tranny first, and getting some body parts. I mostly want to change the hood out!

Here is the car, when I first seen it and told the owner I wanted it. I will begin a build thread, once I get it to my house, and can start purchasing/tracking down parts.
79_Mustang_1.JPG

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)