IM SO PISSED YOU HAVE NO IDEA! HELP ME!

the last week or so, my car has been giving me this annoying ass miss and ive tried EVERYTHING to try and figure out whats causing it....i recently installed new plugs, cap and rotor, checked every plug wire for spark, tried a friends brand new coil, got the ignition module checked at autozone, changed the fuel filter, re-checked the filter for sludge 2 days later to find none, checked pcv valve, checked IAC, checked all vacuum lines for leaks, borrowed my buddies fuel pressure gauge that mounts to the rail and pressure was fine...i have literally checked EVERYTHING and this is my DD so i need it fixed...i also spen $100 ****in bucks on damn o2 sensors that my friend was almost sure could be the problem, and it wasn't....i brought it to a shop where im friends with the owner and he tokk it for a ride and said it was fuel or spark problems and he thought it was the coil or ignition module which it wasnt...

this miss occurs only after the car is warmed up...for instance, i got up this morn, drove my mom to work, car ran fine...helped my buddy install an exhaust on his srt-4, while also trying to find my problem, and since the car was warmed up, it started to happen....then later this afternoon i had a knee doctor appt, so the car sat and cooled off for 3 hrs so so...when i got back i took it out and it ran fine....i got it up to 210 where it normally runs and it ran great...i even stopped and shut it down for like 2 min, and then started it up and went again, and it ran fine....then i came inside for 20 min or so, went back out, and the car ran like ****...I DONT GET IT!!!! i have a video of the problem that we took today and its uploaded, but my buddy isnt home now to send me the link....ill post up as soon as i can......PLEASE HELO ME CAUSE ITS PISSING ME OFF!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

• Sponsors (?)

Ive had this issue 3 times with my old car. It would always happen when it got hot and then it would miss. One time it was a bad sparkplug wire, another time cracked porcelin on one sparkplug, and the last time a junk distributer. Run the car while its hot in the dark and start there.

My car also did this to me before the conversion to carb. I replaced everthing I could think of. It turned out to be the Air Charge Temp sensor. So, I'd check the ACT sensor first as it is the cheapest, then the MAF. If you have a timing light check to see if the timing is right.

I had the same problem with my 5.0 and like you I replaced a bunch of stuff. It acted like Plug Wires at first so I replaced and had same problem. After that I replaced other "tune up items" and still same problems like you are talking about. I replaced the Plug Wires again and problem solved. Bad plug wire from the manufacturer.
I hope this helps.
Michael

manystangs said:
I had the same problem with my 5.0 and like you I replaced a bunch of stuff. It acted like Plug Wires at first so I replaced and had same problem. After that I replaced other "tune up items" and still same problems like you are talking about. I replaced the Plug Wires again and problem solved. Bad plug wire from the manufacturer.
I hope this helps.
Michael
thanks a lot man...ima check them tomorro..i really hope its just a bad wire cause i cant be dumping money into this **** anymore.......I NEED SUSPENSION, I NEED THESE PROBLEMS LIKE A ****IN HOLE IN THE HEAD!

yellow1995Cobra said:
Ive had this issue 3 times with my old car. It would always happen when it got hot and then it would miss. One time it was a bad sparkplug wire, another time cracked porcelin on one sparkplug, and the last time a junk distributer. .

this works good,Run the car while its hot in the dark and start there but what yellow1995cobra did'nt tell you (don't know if you knew) look under the hood in the dark and look over the whole electrical system for a short (a spark)which will easily be seen in dark this is how i determined my new master blaster coil was bad.

bill302 said:
this works good,Run the car while its hot in the dark and start there but what yellow1995cobra did'nt tell you (don't know if you knew) look under the hood in the dark and look over the whole electrical system for a short (a spark)which will easily be seen in dark this is how i determined my new master blaster coil was bad.
i just did this about 20 min ago while the car was running at its normal 210, and no spark to be seen....:shrug:

Sounds like a classic case of a stator going bad. Do a search for stator and you'll find out where it is and how to replace it. This is a pretty common failure on our cars for whatever reason. They sometimes start out like yours, and then the car will shut off and not start one day.

Killercanary said:
Sounds like a classic case of a stator going bad. Do a search for stator and you'll find out where it is and how to replace it. This is a pretty common failure on our cars for whatever reason. They sometimes start out like yours, and then the car will shut off and not start one day.
can you elaborate on this please?? i did a search to no avail...thx bud