IM SO PISSED YOU HAVE NO IDEA! HELP ME!

nmcgrawj said:
So what does that mean the pickup or one of those inside components was probably shot like the guys were describing earlier?

Either way, GLAD TO HEAR IT! I know how it feels to have a problem solved!
yea it was probably the stator that was worn out....what pisses me off the most is that my dad is old school...hes got 2 cars both running under 10 seconds with beast motors, but he thinks he knows everything about every car...especially mine!!! i went out a month ago when i had this problem and bought a new stator which i was gonna replace but he told me, NOO NOO thats not it.....so i returned it...now hes biting his tongue because i was right the whole time.....:nonono: doofus

• Sponsors (?)

95cobraguy said:
next time dont even ask him or tell him what your doing. parents seem to have that way of interfering with things.
exactly, thats what i did with my springs....i said i was getting them, went and bought them, and installed em myself...woulda taken like 3 extra hours if my dad did it with me.....

the thing about the stator i bought for the old dizzy is that it didn't seem like the right piece.....wasnt the same shape....so i asked my dad, and then he got involved...bad idea...:p

my parents dont even ask anymore. my mother used to ask what i was doing when working on my car, i would tell her nothing-meanwhile i have the floor jack out, hood open, tools all over, its not even worth it anymore. they will never understand the hobby that it is. all i used to hear is "the car is fine the way it is", or "what did u order for your car now" when the ups truck brought another package. parents should be glad we're into our cars and not some crackheads getting arrested or worse.

stprorolla49 said:
yea it was probably the stator that was worn out....what pisses me off the most is that my dad is old school...hes got 2 cars both running under 10 seconds with beast motors, but he thinks he knows everything about every car...especially mine!!! i went out a month ago when i had this problem and bought a new stator which i was gonna replace but he told me, NOO NOO thats not it.....so i returned it...now hes biting his tongue because i was right the whole time.....:nonono: doofus

Lol... I can relate to that a little too well. My dad is an airline mechanic, but has a background in auto mechanics as well. I am always the inexperienced young kid that couldn't EVER possibly be right :rolleyes:

having a 15 year old son, i am sort of in the middle on this. for the most part, we want what is best for our kids. just try to keep that in mind when you slam us, ok?

the funny thing is that my wife acts towards the way you are saying your parents act ...

no my dad is in no way critical at all.....hes awesome at helping me out with the car and i learned most things i know about cars from him (and most of my mustang knowledge from you guys)....i get to wrench on his cars, and hes pretty supportive of my hobby partly because hes to blame for gettin me into it according to the mom...im not mad at him at all, just annoyed a bit that he doesnt trust my judgement on things about my car...

i have an idea, if he doesn't trust your judgement or he thinks he knows it all, next time when something goes wrong and u need to replace something have him pay for the replacement part. not that i'm hoping for your car to act up again but maybe he'll be a little more reserved in his thoughts.

95cobraguy said:
i have an idea, if he doesn't trust your judgement or he thinks he knows it all, next time when something goes wrong and u need to replace something have him pay for the replacement part. not that i'm hoping for your car to act up again but maybe he'll be a little more reserved in his thoughts.
he actually paid for the dizzy, so im not arguing.....hes the man, i couldnt ask for a better pops....i think he knows that he caused it from doing too many burnouts:rolleyes:

95cobraguy said:
he was doing burnouts in your car? you truly have a hot rod dad.
HAHA, back like a year ago when i had my permit, i drove to soccer practice with him, and as i was gettin my **** on, after him sitting there for like 5 min adjusting the seat and whatnot, he lays 2 nice fat strips 40 feet down the block....when i got home i was like WTF...he goes "i thought your buddies would get a rise outta it:lol: "....what a guy:nice: