I'm sure this question has been asked before, MagnaPaks

Mustanglvr2006

Mar 31, 2010
Somewhere
I have been dead set on getting Basanni Axle Backs for a while now, just yesterday I was presented with an opportunity to get a pair of MagnaFlow MagnaPaks for a very good price, that being said......

Heres the, well a statement and then the question :rlaugh:

I really want an exhaust that makes my (completely stock exhausted) GT sound mean, deep, louder, but not obnoxiously loud, BUT, pretty loud, I would say the stock exhaust on my GT now is like a 2 on a 1-10 scale, I'd be cool with like a 5 or 6, and I was given a persons opinion on the MagnaPaks, and his opinion was they are like a 7? or so and he thought they might be a little too loud for me. and I know that its impossible for you guys to know what is and whats not too loud or too quiet for me, however, I am hoping that I could get some opinions based on the description that I have given as to what I'm looking for.

The question is....Do you think the MagnaPaks will be louder than I am looking to achieve? (I will probably do a catted H or X-Pipe sometime down the road, maybe an off road x or h down the line but not for a few years) I'm sure the MagnaPaks would be louder than I want with an off road x or h, by then tho, If I chose an off road pipe I could switch to a muffler that toned down a bit, and you never know, I may hear loud and LOVE it :rlaugh:

I appreciate any opinions or input you guys have to offer.

Thank you in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Well they aren't Loudmouths, Pype Bombs or just straight muffler deletes. These would be 8-10 on your scale I believe :D

The paks are louder than stock, but they typically are only really loud on WOT and startup. Normal cruising and accel I think they sound great and in between stock and LMs etc.

If you can get a good deal on them then I would go for it :nice: They are about 450$ normally...

I ran magnapacks with the stock H for a while. It's not too loud but has a nice deep/bass like tone. Now, you have to be sure the magnapacks you are getting will fit the over the axle (OTA) pipe. Magnaflow catack systems will include the ota and the axlebacks. The axlebacks in these systems will not work with the stock ota.

GET THE MAGNAPACKS!! They sound absolutely amazing and arent too loud but loud enough for people to turn their heads and a nice rumble with a great tone. I have them and I got a good 20 or more HP from them. I have the cat back system so if your ging axle back it wont give as much power but will still sound and be better than bassani. You wont regret your decision if you get magnaflow I can almost gauruntee it. I would not change a single thing with mine. Also know many other people with them and they wouldnt change fore the world either. I have the stock H piupe right now but will be getting LT and O/R x. so mine will be a bit loud but I absolutely love the sound now and it definately wont be TOO loud especially with the catted H.

Thanks for the input guys, I'm liking what I'm hearing :D

Based on what you all have said I am feeling pretty good about the MagnaPaks :D with the exception of quote below.

You are saying if I bought just the MagnaPak axle backs from Planet Magnaflow they will NOT fit my stock over the axle pipes?

If it's just the axleback kit and it's from a company like planetmagnaflow those will fit the stock OTA. I was thinking that you were buying a used set of magnapacks. Are you planning on buying from Planetmagnapack? You should check out Last Call Racing - Mustang Performance Parts, The Source For Your Horse a couple of my friends started that shop. They list the magnapack axlebacks for $465.99. Here is the link:
Magnaflow 16793 - Magnaflow 2.5 inch Magnapack Axle Back Exhaust System With 3.5 inch Tips For 2005-2009 Mustang GT, Shelby Cobra GT500 - 2005-2009 Mustang Catbacks - Mustang Performance Parts

let us know how you like them. I'm getting some installed soon. I'm going strictly on what i've heard from this forum. I don't know anyone with a mustang--so this place is all i have for advice. Borla and Magnapaks are the most consistently recommended for the 3v.

I have bassani and LOVE them. I've heard the sound clips of the magnapaks (never in person) but I think you'll be very happy with BASSANI. I would go with bassani.. buy nice or buy it twice my grandpa always said!