Improving Power

MarkosSankey

Aug 13, 2012
I'm a 17 year old who doent know too much performance wise about a car. I am looking for ways to improve the power. Its a 03 stick shift just the base model. I know probably one of the first things i'm going to hear is get a CAI. Truely they don't do much (if anything) unless they are on the outside of your car. Other than that, i'm open to try anything. Thanks :)

• Sponsors (?)

Don't bother modding the six. It won't make any difference other than decreasing weight from your wallet being emptied. You're better off buying a cheap set of lowering springs, some shocks/struts (tokiko HP's for example), a pair of rear wheel spacers, and maybe try to find a decent set of wheels for cheap. It will make it look nice and handle better.

Other than that, I'd recommend saving your money until you can buy a V-8. Nothing beats the sound of a V-8 Mustang :drool: Got any pics?

Nice yeah I got headers and a true dual with flowmasters. But the stage 2 will improve the grab n go on it. And don't listen to all these v8 :leghump:s yeah v8s are nice to have but the v6 isn't a bad way to go I mean it's the same :leghump:in car but different motor it's still a good motor.

Either way, if you tune up a v6, it'll beat the crappy 4 bangers my friends drive, thats all i'm really lookin for.
And yeah, I got pics, but idk when i'll put them up. Its just dark grey one with aftermarket headlights and exaust

Nice yeah I got headers and a true dual with flowmasters. But the stage 2 will improve the grab n go on it. And don't listen to all these v8 ****s yeah v8s are nice to have but the v6 isn't a bad way to go I mean it's the same ****in car but different motor it's still a good motor.

Didn't say it wasn't a good motor, just saying that wasting money on CAI's and exhaust isn't necessary because the sixers sound like dog :poo: with exhaust and CAI's add less than 2 horsepower. I don't even recommend running a CAI on the V-8 cars as the factory intakes were not that restrictive to begin with.

The point here is modding the engine in a V-6 Mustang is a waste and the $1000's of dollars you'll spend on go-fast mods could have been put towards a V-8 car which is a better car in every way.... 8.8 diff, awesome sounding Ford V-8 :drool: etc... OTOH, most suspension parts are interchangeable between the sixers and the GT's, so if OP ever upgrades to a V-8 car most of the suspension stuff will swap over w/o issue.

I'm a 17 year old who doent know too much performance wise about a car. I am looking for ways to improve the power. Its a 03 stick shift just the base model. I know probably one of the first things i'm going to hear is get a CAI. Truely they don't do much (if anything) unless they are on the outside of your car. Other than that, i'm open to try anything. Thanks :)

you could put in a 8 inch rear with 410 lol

Don't bother modding the six. It won't make any difference other than decreasing weight from your wallet being emptied. You're better off buying a cheap set of lowering springs, some shocks/struts (tokiko HP's for example), a pair of rear wheel spacers, and maybe try to find a decent set of wheels for cheap. It will make it look nice and handle better.

Other than that, I'd recommend saving your money until you can buy a V-8. Nothing beats the sound of a V-8 Mustang :drool: Got any pics?

sound doesnt make you car go faster. just hurts your ears when you are in the left lane on the highway with those concrete barriers beside you

i know sixes that destroy 8s

i know sixes that destroy 8s

*yawn* sure... I know 4 cylinder cars that destroy 6s, 8s, 10s etc... so what is your point? The 3.8 is a POS antiquated pushrod engine that belongs in your moms minivan. No 3.8 mustang is going to beat up on a GT or a cobra without forced induction.

If you really think a CAI on an otherwise stock V6 mustang is going to add any measurable amount of power, then I have nothing else to say to you as you clearly know nothing.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

I know a guy with a completely built v6. Stroked out to a 4.3 and all that :poo:. He runs a low 14....neat. Either forced induction or don't waste your time on the engine. Huge waste of money IMO.

Reactions: 1 users
*yawn* sure... I know 4 cylinder cars that destroy 6s, 8s, 10s etc... so what is your point? The 3.8 is a POS antiquated pushrod engine that belongs in your moms minivan. No 3.8 mustang is going to beat up on a GT or a cobra without forced induction.

If you really think a CAI on an otherwise stock V6 mustang is going to add any measurable amount of power, then I have nothing else to say to you as you clearly know nothing.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Untrue, i wasn't saying that you could.. you can make them faster, it just takes way more effort, time, and money than anyone would ever care to spend.. except for the sole reason of saying they could.