Induction Sound Tube

GreyDiesel

Jul 26, 2008
Denver, CO
Anyone have any details on this? I am curious about putting one in my 07, and am wondering where/how it enters the cabin. Also, curious why the sound coming from the intake is the place to get it, I would think, you would want the sound coming from the exhaust...

• Sponsors (?)

I think I heard it enters through the bottom part of the firewall on the driver's side and piped through to the passenger's footwell.

Just about the only use for it I would think is to make gauge installation easier by using the existing hole to channel the wiring/piping for them.

The reason for having it is because the 2010's are very quiet on the inside and that's a way to have some sound without the drone but the concept is actually kinda ricey if you ask me right up there with the e-supercharger and the speaker some ricers put in their car that makes it sound like you have a blow off valve.

its funny because its true.

Not really. Audi's and VW's used this same idea as well, because their interior is so quiet, I forget what they call it now......ah yes, it's called an intake noise tube.

I hope ya'll were joking
It's from the intake. Not the exhaust. So no exhaust gas, and no death.

Not really. Audi's and VW's used this same idea as well, because their interior is so quiet, I forget what they call it now......ah yes, it's called an intake noise tube.

I hope ya'll were joking
It's from the intake. Not the exhaust. So no exhaust gas, and no death.

did I miss something??

I no longer have my sound tube installed and all I can say if you do a CAI or anything like that plug the damn hole or you will go bonkers.. I had a procharger whistling into my face very annoying

I seem to recall reading somewhere that a Ford engineer said to just stuff some cotton in the tube if you don't like the sound and want a quieter cabin. Not sure if there is a TSB on this, or if that was just an off-the-cuff remark.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that a Ford engineer said to just stuff some cotton in the tube if you don't like the sound and want a quieter cabin. Not sure if there is a TSB on this, or if that was just an off-the-cuff remark.

Probably no TSB, it's just doing what it was designed to do. If you don't like it it's pretty easy to disconnect. Mine's staying until I get some exhaust.