Info on EcoBoost Purchase

Jayro

Oct 1, 2019
Indiana
Hi all,
So I am in the market for a new daily driver and am wanting a EcoBoost Mustang. For my price range I am looking used 2016+. What recommendations could you give on specific items to look for or items that should be addressed as soon as the vehicle is bought? I read something about a re-call and replacing the low pressure side fuel pressure sensor with an updated design. I am assuming this is to prevent a lean condition and detonation. Is this correct?

For daily driving I would only be slightly modding it. A low stage tune, new inter-cooler and possibly a down-pipe. Opinions?

Thanks for the help. Planning on starting my serious search for one next week.

• Sponsors(?)

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Just fyi....I purchased my 2019 ecoboost brand new in december for 22k. Financed with Ford way cheaper than I could find anywhere else.

Jayro

Oct 1, 2019
Indiana
Just fyi....I purchased my 2019 ecoboost brand new in december for 22k. Financed with Ford way cheaper than I could find anywhere else.
I would definitely be down for a deal like that. I haven't really talked to any dealers etc yet. Just had a conversation with my bank.

Do you mind elaborating on how you got such a deal?

The only real must have feature that I want is a manual transmission. Past that I am pretty flexible.

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
I got a base model automatic 10spd ecoboost. The Ford dealer should have deals going for 19s right now. A big incentive to get the 19s off the lot .

I bought my car on my birthday....and they sold the 18 I originally wanted...so they price matched a 19. The sticker was 28k.

Ford routinely has rebates available.