Info on EcoBoost Purchase

Jayro

Oct 1, 2019
Indiana
Hi all,
So I am in the market for a new daily driver and am wanting a EcoBoost Mustang. For my price range I am looking used 2016+. What recommendations could you give on specific items to look for or items that should be addressed as soon as the vehicle is bought? I read something about a re-call and replacing the low pressure side fuel pressure sensor with an updated design. I am assuming this is to prevent a lean condition and detonation. Is this correct?

For daily driving I would only be slightly modding it. A low stage tune, new inter-cooler and possibly a down-pipe. Opinions?

Thanks for the help. Planning on starting my serious search for one next week.

• Sponsors (?)

Just fyi....I purchased my 2019 ecoboost brand new in december for 22k. Financed with Ford way cheaper than I could find anywhere else.

Just fyi....I purchased my 2019 ecoboost brand new in december for 22k. Financed with Ford way cheaper than I could find anywhere else.

I would definitely be down for a deal like that. I haven't really talked to any dealers etc yet. Just had a conversation with my bank.

Do you mind elaborating on how you got such a deal?

The only real must have feature that I want is a manual transmission. Past that I am pretty flexible.

I got a base model automatic 10spd ecoboost. The Ford dealer should have deals going for 19s right now. A big incentive to get the 19s off the lot .

I bought my car on my birthday....and they sold the 18 I originally wanted...so they price matched a 19. The sticker was 28k.

Ford routinely has rebates available.

I got a base model automatic 10spd ecoboost. The Ford dealer should have deals going for 19s right now. A big incentive to get the 19s off the lot .

I bought my car on my birthday....and they sold the 18 I originally wanted...so they price matched a 19. The sticker was 28k.

Ford routinely has rebates available.

Thanks for the Info. I ended up going this route. I talked to my local dealer and they were able to locate a '19 with the options I wanted (a color I liked and a 6 speed) for only a couple thousand more than I would have paid for a used '16-17. Supposed to be arriving at the dealer in the next couple of days. Hope to be driving it this weekend.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users