Info. on Mustang engine horsepower

I am considering the purchase of another Mustang (no year in particular) and was wondering if anyone knows of a web site that has all the specs on the various engines installed in Mustangs at the factory from say 1982 to current day ? I am looking primarily at the horsepower and torque ratings, but other specs would be good too. Any help with this would be great. I want to take a look at the various engines to see what I have to start with, so I know how far I will have to go in building up an engine. Are any of these engines built better from the factory than others, with the exception of the 03-04 Cobra motors ? I know what I have there and will not be modding it for racing at the drags all the time. Also, is there any web site that has the other info. that would need to be done to one of these cars to prepare it for weekend racing ? I want something that is streetable, but will still run 10-11 second quarter mile times. So, I imagine that will require suspension, rear-end, transmission, etc.. Yes, I know it will be an expensive proposition, and speed is all relevant to how much money we spend. This will be a car I will use primarily for racing. Thanks in advance for your help, guys :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, the intent is to build the car primarily for racing. I do want it to remain streetable though. So, I will have to deal with weight and all those issues that come along with it. I was actually looking at the 00R a couple weeks ago, before the bidding ended. I can't believe that there were no bids. That is strange for a car like that with such low miles. That tells me there mustbe more to the story than is advertised. I could probably go to a few other forums I visit periodically and get the scoop, but since I decided to go this route, it is a mute point.

I attached a couple pics of the Cobra. At least I think I did. I'm not positive how the upload works, so I did what looked to be the correct way. I guess I'll find out once I hit the submit button. Have a good weekend :nice:

Attachments

• DSC00011.JPG
    DSC00011.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC00007.JPG
    DSC00007.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 77
I have a son who just got out of the Navy and has an 89 notch with a 4 banger, manual, that he wants to get rid of. He said he will just give the car to me if it will work. Is the chassis, etc. on that car capable of handling the torque of a set-up like that ? Or would I be better off finding a 5.0 notch ?

That cobra is HOT. I love the exhaust tips.

Definitely go for the Notch. I've always loved the look of notchbacks. You save initial cost right off the getgo, and you will have cheap insurance on it with the 4 banger VIN. Put the biggest small block you can fit into it, backhalve it, and up, up, and away!