Ingition!! Need hep asap!

I havea 95 mustang. My ingintion is turning without the key, and starting!!!!! So let say i forget to lock my door anyone can just go in it... turn the key, it works... asuming they can drive stick.. they steel it.. this isnt good. Anyone else have this problem?.. how do i fix it?

• Sponsors (?)

Inside the steering column there are two parts to the ignition switch. The part that is the switch which looks like a tan colored box and the part the key goes into. Both are relatively cheap. The switch box is $20-25 and the other part is less than $40 but you have to get it through Ford and they key it for your key. I would think it would be the part the key goes into. The other part controls what functions happen when you turn the key part way vs. all the way to start it, etc. You can do it yourself. Let me know how it goes. :banana:

HMM.. i figured it out. There is lever right above the ingintion that prevents the key from going all the way back.... if i press the lever and pull the key back its all good and locks...and the lever dosnt disnage without the key.

I have a problem in which i can remove the key from the ignition when it is in one of the first positions (like, with the power for the radio etc.) I found out, that with a copy of the key i had made when i was getting my tranny fixed the key doesnt come out... i guess my old key is just worn out...? i have yet to try to remove the key while the car is running... although i assume it will still come out...