Electrical Initial Setting For Tps Sensor

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
Is there a way to do it w/o the engine wiring hooked up? I want to know that the three wires (going through a newly installed weatherpack connector) are correct, and I need to get the calibration behind me as one more item checked off the list.

• Sponsors (?)

Anywhere between 0.6 - 1.1 volts is fine. The 0.99V thing is a huge misunderstanding on how the TPS system works.

Basically slap it on and forget about it. If it's out of the above range, you will get a code for it. So once your get your car running correctly, run the codes. If the TPS needs adjusting, there will be a code for it. No code....don't touch it.

Reactions: 1 user
Anywhere between 0.6 - 1.1 volts is fine. The 0.99V thing is a huge misunderstanding on how the TPS system works.

Basically slap it on and forget about it. If it's out of the above range, you will get a code for it. So once your get your car running correctly, run the codes. If the TPS needs adjusting, there will be a code for it. No code....don't touch it.
No, no codes are gonna happen here ( mega squirt). That's why I want to get it close.

If the TPS sensor you are using has the typical standard colors used. The orange is for the 5v reference voltage. Black is SIGRTN (ground), and green is the Signal wire. If you make sure the 5v and ground wires in the weather pack match up correctly to wires I mentioned you should be good.

There is no way I know of to set the TPS correctly without powering up the system and verifying with a meter or data log TPS position. Then make the adjustments as needed.