injector and intake questions

95stangGT

Founding Member
Jan 13, 2002
Buffalo, NY
Well over the winter, my only mods to the car were gonna be a 5-speed swap, 3.73 gears, underdrive pulleys, CAI, and MAC long tubes w/ a prochamber. But now I was talking to a fellow mustang guy whose going carbed and he said he will sell his systemax II intake, 30 lb injectors, and a mass air meter calibrated to them for pretty cheap. All this is off a fox body though. So my questions are, with the properly calibrated mass air, would the injectors be fine on my car for now until I get more mods done. Or would they just dump to much fuel in? I would think the mass air would shorten the pulses and thus gas mileage would stay the same as with 19 lb. Then with the intake, would I just need the elbow to bolt it on? Would this intake be a worth while investment to put on if I can get it cheap enough? Thanks for any help :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

All those parts are too big for stock heads. The 30lb injectors are WAY too big, even with a calibrated MAF. If you did run it, you'd HAVE to have an adjustanble FPR. The holley is a good intake, but it is WAY too big for stock heads... you'd hate the way the car ran with it on if you kept the stock heads. You would need an intake elbow unless you buy a fox body T-body and do the swap to it.

If the guy is interested in selling them to someone not local... I might be interested in them. I'm not telling you they are too big for you to talk you out of them, but I could use them on my '90GT I'm building up right now. email me at [email protected] if he or you are insterested.
-Paul