injector size for 5-6 psi boost on a stock block

hey guys i just put in a vortec kit on my 93 lx (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vor-4fa218-010l/overview/year/1993/make/ford/model/mustang) as of now it has the stock fuel system and stock mafs... i have a trickflow intake and 70mm throttle body and spacer other then that its pretty much stock im lookin for the best injector size for a good street set up i know ill have to get it tuned but just was wondering if any one had a same type build with so good info i could use thanks all :)

• Sponsors (?)

30lb should work, I would use 42lb though, when you upgrade the heads you will need them for sure. It's cheaper to only buy them once. And don't forget the matching maf.

Reactions: 1 user
If you never plan on making more than about 360rwhp with the car, than the 30lb/hr injectors should work fine. If you ever plan on seeing any more than that...jump up to a set of 42lb/hr injectos and be done with it.

Truth be told...5-6psi isn't that much. You could probably get away with just upgrading your in tank pump, keeping the stock 19lb/hr injectors and adding a Vortech FMU. It won't be as bang on accurate as a set of big injectors and a dyno tune, but it'll still work quite well and be a whole lot cheaper.