Electrical Inner Tail Lights And License Plate Light Problem

Josh683

Oct 24, 2013
Hi all,
I was hoping someone would help me out with an issue I'm having. I recently switched out my tail light bulbs to LED bulbs along with an LED bulb for my license plate light. I was testing them out when all of a sudden the inner taillights and the license plate light went out at the exact same time. I checked the bulbs and they are still working because the inner taillight bulbs all light up when I hit the brakes and the license plate bulb was tested in another socket. I did some research online and I think it may be some wiring from the sjb (smart junction box) since there is a cluster of wires that connect to those three lights in particular. I've included a before and after picture link so you can see the difference. Also, my car wouldn't crank this morning and I think I'm having a "battery drain" issue. All I heard was a clicking noise when trying to start it. I jump started it with another vehicle and it started up but I'm concerned because I've never had that problem before. If anyone has any advice please let me know. I'd like to try and fix this problem without having to go to the dealership. Thank you!!!

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/s...683/photo1.jpg (Before)

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/s...683/photo2.jpg (After)

• Sponsors (?)

Hi josh 683. Have you check fuse no=59 (30) amps no=63 (30) amps no=67 (30) amps in the fuse box under the hood. You mite of pinch a wire putting your rear lamp assembly back on double check what you did.

In the past, on other vehicles, I've run into a similar issue with improperly operating lights. I swapped turn signals bulbs for LEDs and they would function sporadically or not at all. Turns out that they required a different resistance than ordinary bulbs which necessitated installing resistors in the wiring harness. Try checking with the manufacturer to ensure they have the same electrical demand as your old bulbs.