Innovate LM1 Installation on 93 cobra mustang

direct76

Nov 9, 2004
I've just recently bought a innovate wide band monitor, and would like any advice on connecting it up to my mustang. I'd like to patch into the wiring harness going to the computer.

Does anyone have experience installing this unit or wiring schematics/color wires or know the wires i can patch into?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Its plug and play. Have the bung welded in, install the sensor, connect the harness to the meter. You'll have to wire up the rpm adapter if you have that. Its no different than wiring up a shift light, - coil and ground.

Its plug and play. Have the bung welded in, install the sensor, connect the harness to the meter. You'll have to wire up the rpm adapter if you have that. Its no different than wiring up a shift light, - coil and ground.

Thanks.

I'm not really good with wiring, but is there a coil wire around the computer area that i could get that signal from? or would i take the signal from behind the speedo cluster?

The LM1 comes with a cd which has instructions on it.
You are in a world of hurt if you keep thinking you can jumper into an existing line. If you don't know what the system is operating on, you may very well trigger false codes and create new malfunctions with the increased resistance.

I have one, and it's extremely easy to install if you follow the instructions.