Inside headlight mod?? Question on my GT's headlights

Siggy33

Nov 6, 2005
As I was driving home yesterday I saw a GT with its lights on. However, instead of the outside two lights being the normal running lights it was the inside two lights that were on. I think that it looked much better with the inside headlights turned on and the outside lights off and left (presumably) for brites useage only.

Does anyone know how this driver did this? Is it a "mod" that can be bought or was this guy just good at rewiring the lights or what?

Also, he must have switched the lights around because the inside lights are the brites, right? Im confused...:shrug:

I don't know, is this a "garage-doable" mod or are we talking a lot of work? Once again, it looked really cool compared to stock and I'm very insterested in doing this...

• Sponsors (?)

Yep, the inside lights are fogs, not hi-beams. Just rotate the light switch clockwise one notch, then pull on the light switch. That will light the inner lights while leavig the outside ones off.

The only way to fly.

I drive every mile that way, foglights on.... and frequently even find myself (oops!) driving half/all the way home after dark still using only the fogs. They are plenty bright enough to drive with at night too! I sometimes don't notice until I'm out in the country and reach to turn the brights on, only to realize the headlights aren't even on. LOL

The car looks best with the fogs on (IMO) and it separates at a glance that it is a GT. :)

Quote: "Does anyone know how this driver did this? Is it a "mod" that can be bought or was this guy just good at rewiring the lights or what?"

:lol:
That's Funny!!
We do it all the time around here. "At a Glance", it does seperate the GT's from the V6's.
I think that it looks awesome!

Reign696 said:
Quote: "Does anyone know how this driver did this? Is it a "mod" that can be bought or was this guy just good at rewiring the lights or what?"

:lol:
That's Funny!!
We do it all the time around here. "At a Glance", it does seperate the GT's from the V6's.
I think that it looks awesome!

:D ....damn, I'm a bonehead, I never had a car w/ foglights before (my 94 Z28 never had them). Well, that fixes that little question.

I'll try not to be mentally challenged in the future :nice:

foglamps

I've even had my local graphics shop install the decal shown in my avatar over the foglamps... today they are working on three more horses to go on the taillights...will post pics after that's done :)

subtle, not tacky, but show up nicely if you're looking for/at them ...

4a1a3ed8.jpg

Attachments

• 4a1a3ed8.jpg
    4a1a3ed8.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 61