Inside My Car Time Trial.

• Sponsors (?)

You're running mid 15s in the 1/4 with manifolds and the original 2.79 gears...

Impressive.

Everyone thinks us II guys are nuts. They don't realize how little it takes to make these cars moderately quick, and how much smaller the next steps seem to get to go faster once you take care of the biggest shortcomings.

Reactions: 1 user
I would love another shot at some point and find traction like you did! Here is what I did 9 years ago before the larger tires, locker and new intake. (Holy $#!+ -- it's been that long now?!?!)

(10/19/08) in the 1/8th. I only run 2 passes with a best time of 9.824. The biggest problem I had was traction. I spun through 1st and 2nd gear, and got to 3rd at the end of the track and spun a little again.

Way back in 1994 I had a 78 Mustang II with the factory 302 and C4. On street tires with 3.55:1 gears, a mini spool, long tube headers, true dual exhaust, ported stock heads, Performer RPM cam, intake and 750cfm Edelbrock carb, I managed some 13.9's at 101 mph or so. I thought that was pretty damn quick at the time Lol.

Lilcbra : I added one leaf spring into the stack. Maybe that helps with traction. Plus I'm not making way too much HP for the car. Although I would like to have that problem. I built the car to be a street car. It never overheats. I can take this car on a long trip, No problem. 2:79 gears probably helps with not spinning the tires. Rolling down the road at 20 mph, Nail the gas, Instantly comes to life and lays down two faint black marks. Not bad for an open rear end.So fun to drive. 34 years and It has never let me down. I drag race all day long and I have always driven it home. Never broken anything. Once drag racing I did my burnout In first gear and forgot to shift to drive. I don't know how many RPM I did, but, It floated the valves. After that I was so glad I built the motor with top quality parts. It held together. When my car was on the DYNO, I was asked how many RPM do you want to turn. I said take it to 6 grand. It ran great.

Bullitt347 : What a nice MII you had. Your 89 saleen is a beast. 133 MPH in the 1/8 mile.

Reactions: 1 user