Installed bassani catted x, now CEL is on

Dragstr05

Dec 21, 2004
Stafford VA
As the title says I just installed a used bassani catted x pipe on my stang (2000 GT) yesterday, and today I guess I just went through enough drive cycles and now the CEL is on. I went to autozone to get the code scanned and got P1151 for fuel air metering. Im going to get it scanned again probably tomorrow when I get back to school and use the actual ford scanner and check some PIDs and see whats up.

Has anyone had this problem before? I should also note I got it used from a friend for $50. He got it from a mustang speedshop that had a ton of exhaust stuff and they said he could take whatever he wanted. He is a camaro guy though so he never had it on his car, I just got a good deal on it and couldnt resist. If its junk, I saved the stocker.

Would this be one of the front O2 sensors probably, or would a rear one trigger this? If its the rear I may just get some MIL eliminators. Im sorry I really dont have much info right now, but I need to know if this is something I really need to hurry and get fixed, or if it can wait.

• Sponsors (?)

svttech76 said:
that code is for bank 2 lack of o2 switch indicates lean.

most of the time when this code comes up after a exhaust part install it is because of a exhaust leak.

bank 2 is the head on the drivers side, so chekc for a leak there. and if that don't fix it you probally need a new 02

Funny you should say that. I never heard anything after I put it on, but I could swear that last night when I would get on it I heard what sounded like an exhaust leak at the driver side manifold. One of the nuts for the studs at the manifolds somehow got a little stripped so instead of fighting it I put another one on, although its not the same style. Guess Ill just go to a ford dealer and pick up a nut and see if it seals everything up.

A Bassani catted X for $50???? If its the SS version, you got the sale of the century.

Thats exactly what I said when he told me about it. If by SS you mean the polished look, its not shiny, but its not rusted at all and it sat outside for a few months under a deck. I figured even if something was wrong with it, its only $50 bucks. I was with the guy looking at it and after I asked how much and he told me, I took it without hesitation. I even told him myself that it was a major steal and he knew it, he just wanted to get rid of it. I think I'm gonna try and get the 2 SLP mufflers too cause the X pipe w/ Flows isnt exactly the tone I was looking for, but damn did it give a nice SOTP feel.

Black Stang 97 said:
well ive had bassani x pipe on 2 of my cars, a 97 Gt and currently on my 97 Cobra...both cars with o/r pipes...and the cel never came on on either car....its weird......

some of them will have the CEL and some won't.. cars equiped with california emmisions ( massachusetts and new york and many other NE states have CA emmisions) are much more sensitive to aftermarket cats.

last bassani catted pipe I had to deal with was a 1998 cobra a customer of mine had the CEl come on after a few weeks of driving around. It was a brand new cated x too.