installed Eibach pro...alignment questions/ aftermarket cam bolts

2003gt

Apr 27, 2003
Brandon, MS
installed the pro kit springs.....bought the "cam bolts" from summitt I heard was needed to do an alignment........can anyone tell me where they go ???

I can't find it......pics would help !!

or

with guys with the pro kit....how close were the shops able to align the car to factory specs with out these bolts....

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Mine didn't need an alignment after the prokit install.

And I've never heard of anyone "needing" cam bolts for an alignment for the prokit. The sportlines would've required the alignment though.

so, where the 2nd bolt that bolts the strut to the brake rotor area ? the lower one ?

and sorry t4b, but when you take apart your front end suspension your alignment will be off, especially with a lowering kit.....maybe not by much, but will be off....

Haney----did you get an alignment, and where did you get it done ?

thanks alot !!

The bolts replaces the stock lower ones. It is the bottom bolt of the 2 bolts that go through the strut and knuckle assy. We do not have a 05-06, but have sold allot of spring sets to customers. We have never recieved any calls with align. problems with the pro-kit. The drop is pretty close to the Saleen kit...approx 1.3/1.4 for the saleen kit. Saleen does not use any camber bolts.

i just had the Pro-Kit installed in my 06 GT last week....looks really good. I then went to get an alignment done.
With the stock bolts the left side was able to be brought in to specs....just barely. The Right side couldnt. So we installed the cam bolts and now both sides are as close to 0.0 as possible.

I also had alignment issues after installing the pro kit springs. My alignment guy told me the camber was just barely out of the Ford specified range and that he could compensate for it with a little extra toe in so the tires wear evenly. I've asked on this forum before about the alignment problem and some of the guys answers make me wonder if they've had the same "fix" done and been told it's ok. I'd rather have mine as perfect as possible so I'm having the eibach bolts installed tomorrow by the alignment shop. Just let your alignment shop install them, you're going to have to do an alignment anyway.

is this it ????

the correct bolt, if not, then where ???

thanks

bolt.jpg

this is the bolt i ordered from summitt

bolt2.jpg

Yes, that's the bolt.Mine came in an eibach box with installation instructions on the inside flap. The instructions say "Remove upper stru/spindle bolt" so I'd say it's the other one. Looks like you're halfway to having it installed anyway and for $80 I'd install them myself too. Maybe the guy at my shop's giving me a break because I just bought $1800 worth of wheels and tires from him.

jlisle01 said:
Yes, that's the bolt.Mine came in an eibach box with installation instructions on the inside flap. The instructions say "Remove upper stru/spindle bolt" so I'd say it's the other one. Looks like you're halfway to having it installed anyway and for $80 I'd install them myself too. Maybe the guy at my shop's giving me a break because I just bought $1800 worth of wheels and tires from him.

so which is it ??? i got the instructions also, i don't know the "upper strut spindle bolt....

is it the top, or bottom in that picture, circled or not....thanks