Exhaust Installed Kooks 1-7/8" w/off Road-H-Pics/Dyno

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
2011 Mustang GT Exhaust-Kooks Headers, Off Road H-Pipe - YouTube
Finally made it to Steeda today for Kooks Install and Dyno.
Did not get to snap any pics of install since I left for a few hours. The "sound" per se is not too different from what I hear now, just stronger (similar "tone note"). Drone (slight) what was present at 60mph@2000rpm still there and little more noticeable. The Sound at 70-80 is a little stronger inside, but not an irritating drone. Car feels great and feels at 3500RPM what I used to feel at 4000RPM. (evident in dyno).
First graph shows my "final" dyno after tuning in Jan 2011 compared to now. Notice where I marked not only peak difference in HP/TQ but also the HUGE difference in TQ down low-about 35 @3700RPM:
MustangDyno04242013A_zps587f3c72.jpg
Second is after [email protected] Adjusted the cam timing a little. It only dropped less than 1 peak HP (within margin of error anyway), but picked up a few more peak TQ and 5 more Peak torque at 3700RPM than the first tune, for a total of about 40 TQ at 3700RPM..HUGE difference and VERY noticeable. (kept this tune)
MustangDyno04242013B_zps2234e1b7.jpg
Keep in mind that these are 1-7/8" Headers used on an N/A motor...did this to "ready" car for Roush by Dec/Jan. In our opinion, we would have seen some better gains at this time with 1-3/4" headers.
The video has decent sound, but not as great as person. I will try to get some start up/idle clips tomorrow from Inside/outside the car. The dyno charts are also at the end of the video, and you can pause it if you need to.
Thanks
RC

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IO63AZ7TRtA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Sponsors (?)

That thing sounds awesome! Pretty amazing how much of a gain there was as well.

On a side note, I was always curious as to if Steeda manufactured there exhaust in-house or if they "subleted" out to someone else. Good to know...

Finally got the older Steeda AB's off and got the GT500s on.

THIS is the sound Ive been looking for...not to mention NO drone and pretty dang quiet inside until I punch it..it's like the best of both worlds.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyHFy-YbCKo

Sorry, my daughter cut off the video a couple seconds too early.

RC