Installed the 75mm TB

GTJake

Founding Member
Oct 28, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
Well, I got my Accufab TB Friday. So, I ported out the upper to match the 75mm opening on the TB. It definitely seems to have picked up some from the FMS 65mm that I had on before. We'll see when I go back to the track August 6th.

I also went the the junkyard and found the male side of the tps connector (the connector that is attached to the wiring harness) and I got rid of my rigged up wiring setup and made it look factory.

I have yet to install the cruise control cable. If anyone has taken there's out, do you have to remove the drivers side fender liner? I see the cable dives into the fender, but I don't see it under the dash, it looks like it goes into the fender. I'll take a peak at the Haynes manual, but it looks like the fox cruise cable will bolt right up.

engine.jpg

engine2.jpg

I think next summer I will upgrade to some 4.10's with 31 spline axles, Bogart drag wheels with ET Drags (if I can afford them, otherwise pro stars). And then definitely upgrade the stock clutch to a Spec Stage II with an aluminum flywheel.

Jake

• Sponsors (?)

Glad to hear you did it even though its "against the grain" on the internet to go with such a "big" TB. Thats exactly what you need, can't wait to hear the new track times. Did you need a new 45* rubber adapter for your cai to fit the 75mm TB??

It really did pick up all over the place. I'm really suprised. I can't wait to get to the track. I gave a friend of mine with an 89 fox with TFS heads, E cam and ported Cobra intake a ride yesterday and he said, "Well, I know where to get my cam from next time."

I think I may get on the dyno again next spring after I learn more about the tweecer and can really make some changes.

Jake

Jake..Im looking at Accufab for a TB...Mind telling where and how $$$$ you got if for??? I was on their site for prices...If you found something/one better, let me know...

RIO5.0 said:
Jake..Im looking at Accufab for a TB...Mind telling where and how $$$$ you got if for??? I was on their site for prices...If you found something/one better, let me know...

I know your a classifieds guru Andy! That's where I got mine from. Scared it up for $225 with brand new TPS, and IAC and a EGR spacer. There are a few places in the Windsor section on corral that have really good deals on Accufabs. I would go with Muscle Motors though. I've bought tons of stuff from them and they can always get me really great prices.

Jake

Jake, what air filter do you use -- not the big FIPK one, right? I want to get rid of the setup I have now and get something into the fender, but the filter I have now would make me put a pretty sizeable hole in the inner fender :D.

And because of you, I finally took the plunge... I just ordered an Accufab 75mm TB & spacer. Just need to figure out what else I need to make the swap complete.

Dave

I have the stock air filter that's on the PRO-M 80mm maf's. I'm thinking about doing a write up on how to do the fox swap since it seems to be a pretty popular topic now. Here's a pic of the filter I have on there now...

cai_005.jpg

Jake

What am I missing here?

The only differences that I see between Hairy Canary's combo and JakeGT's combo are the following:

Hairy Canary:
Ford Motorsport 65mm throttle body
Pro-M 75mm mass air sensor
BBK chrome longtube headers
Magnaflow catted H-pipe

JakeGT:
Accufab 75mm throttle body
Pro-M 80mm mass air sensor
MAC longtube headers
MAC Prochamber

Everything else in the combo's are pretty consistent. Explain the difference to me between:

Hairy Canary:
279 rwhp
315 rwtq

JakeGT:
325 rwhp
341 rwtq

Where is JakeGT getting 46 hp and 26 tq from over Hairy Canary? Plus, I don't think JakeGT has dyno'd with the new 75mm throttle body yet, so the difference could be even greater.

What am I missing? :shrug:

Ted