Installing a sub

LCGimp

Founding Member
Jan 10, 2002
Oregon City, OR
just three quick questions, where is the best place to ground to in the trunk, does it matter which side of the car you run the power wire on, and if i have speaker level inputs can i just run the rear speaker wires into them, Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

To answer the power cable question, I would keep it seperate from the speaker leads. In a car I helped with a friend, we had the power lead running on the passenger side area and the RCA leads from the head unit running on the drivers side to minimize the possiblity of noise entering the amps. On his setup we drilled and placed a bolt near the spare tire area. I don't recall an existing bolt that could be used. Its always best to run the positive lead directly to the positive terminal on the battery. Hopefully the wiring kit you are using has a built-in inline fuse. There is a nice spot you can route the power wire to come into the the glovebox area from the firewall. Hope that makes sense. :flag:

I ran the ground wire for the amps to some bolts under the rear seats. You will take of the rear seat (bottom parts) and you can see couple of available points where the middle seat belts are bolted to.
I also used some dielectric grease on the connections to make sure I have a good connection.