installing bosch o2 sensor, need wire diagram

90mustang4cyl

Sep 1, 2005
After doing the Ranger header swap, my o2 sensor connector wouldn't reach the connector in my car. I tried to cut the connector off (the one off my car, not the one coming off of my o2 sensor)and splice in about 6 extra inches to each wire so the connector would reach. But I lost some of my wire splices, so two of my wires wouldn't connect. I bought a Bosch universal o2 sensor and I now have plenty of reach. I know what wires do what coming off the new sensor, as a chart tells what each does. I can not find any wiring diagrams telling me the function of each color wire that comes off of my car. I need to know which wires to correctly splice together. The motor continuuly stumbles, and am afraid to take it out on the hwy. Could not having the egr hooked up be part of the stumbling problem? Thanks for your help.

• Sponsors (?)

The EGO connector should be a 3 wire connector.

Circuit #94 is a DG/P wire that goes to pin #29 in the computer harness and it's
for the air/fuel sensor.

Circuit #60 is a BK/LG wire that T's into the EEC power relay and to pin #40 in
the computer harness and it's for constant voltage to the gauge.

Circuit #687 is a GY/Y wire that goes through a fuseable link to the ignition
switch.

This is off the wiring diagram for my '89 2.3. It should be exactly the same as a '90 2.3. Also, clean out or replace your EGR valve and hook it up properly. Unless it's an all out drag car, it's not going to hinder performance.

Thanks for your help. My eyes just couldn't read the fine print in the manual I have. I got my o2 sensor connected to my car properly now. No more "check engine" light. However the car still surges and sometimes dies, or almost dies. I can be in 2nd gear, and it surges so bad, the wheels chirp, and I have to push in the clutch, the engine then dies, sometimes, then it wants to and dosen't, and then all is fine after about 5-10 minutes of driving from cold. I guess the EGR has something to do with that? Thanks again.