Installing Brake Pads Using Svo Calipers. Help!!

Oct 8, 2014
Well I have a 93 Mustang GT. My passenger side caliper froze, so I decided to swap them both out for SVO calipers and braided lines I've had for a while. They are like new with low miles. I bought the correct pads, but it seems I can't get the inside pad inside the piston. I've bent the clips in, but still waay to hard to get in. What am I missing here. My stock brakes have never been this hard. Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I recently had the same problem with mine. Had to have a rotor turned and figured id swap out the autozone cheepos that were still relatively new and put hawks on them. Couldnt get the damn inside pad to stay in even with the extra clip. ended up putting the cheepo back in.

I recently had the same problem with mine. Had to have a rotor turned and figured id swap out the autozone cheepos that were still relatively new and put hawks on them. Couldnt get the damn inside pad to stay in even with the extra clip. ended up putting the cheepo back in.
I'm just using Wearever Gold's. Not sure what the problem is

There is no MC to work correctly with those calipers and rear drums. Leaving the stock MC will result in a softer pedal and no real improvement in braking performance. They aren't really an upgrade so to speak.

If getting the pads on is an issue, just return them for OEM calipers.

The increase in piston size really is a waste unless paired with a matched master cylinder...and none exist. I know this "upgrade" is popular, but it really doesn't make much sense from a technical standpoint. You've increased piston surface area at the cost of an increased travel distance and softer pedal.

Understood. I only swapped to these because they were sitting around going to waste. My coupe has Aerospace brakes. Not really trying to gain performance. My car is stock and will remain that way as long as I own it. Just couldn't deal with hitting the brakes and the car darts to the left.

Well I will say this. Not sure if it was luck or not, but these brakes are a world of difference from the stock brakes. They almost feel as good as my aerospace brakes on my coupe. Push these with more pressure than actually needed and the car nose dives. Wow what an improvement