Installing Larger Throttle Body

Mustang936590

Jun 22, 2017
I’m looking into getting a 70mm throttle body, probably going to go with Accufab but I have one question...I bought the car last spring and the previous owner had some work done to it. Typhoon intake and cam as well as 24lb injectors, which I didn’t even know about until I put on new intake gaskets and had stuff apart. From the looks of it I’m pretty sure the MAF sensor is stock so I’m assuming the previous owner also had the computer programmed to match the 24lb injectors because I have no codes or issues with the car running...so my question is, will putting on the bigger TB mean I’ll have to do anything with the MAF or computer?

• Sponsors (?)

Ok....no I don’t need the bigger TB. The main reason I focused on 70mm is because when researching the Typhoon intake I read 70mm would be good.

As for my set up, as far as I know the heads are stock. Previous owner did have work done under the hood but he never sent me the full info. I know for sure I have the Typhoon upper and lower intake, 24lb injectors and a B303 cam. I’ve thought about doing the heads this spring but I’m a bit nervous because I’m pretty sure besides the mods I mentioned, the rest of the engine is stock and i know it won’t be as simple as bolting on a set of heads.