Installing performer 5.0 upper, longtubes, 80mm maf, afpr, 24# inj.'s on saturday

ARed1995GT

Dec 9, 2003
Boca Raton, FL
Ok guys, this saturday I will be switching from the RPM intake to the performer 5.0 (got the cracked piece welded), as well as installing a pro-m 80mm maf, 24# injectors, aeromotive afpr, and mac longtubes with a matching prochamber for longtubes.

I know I need o2 extenders, anything else? I have all the bolts for everything. Vib(joe) is hopefully going to help me with the install as well as my stepbrother who is very handy. I think we should be able to finish it all on saturday if we start at 8 a.m. What kind of common problems may I run into? I already know not everything is going to really smooth lol... it never does.

My next mod after all this is some drag radials :]

• Sponsors (?)

Make sure you have all the gaskets you need and the hardware. Some PB Blaster helps to loosen old nuts and bolts. The upper intake alone is not hard at all, and you don't need a torque wrench for it. Good luck

for my BBK LT's I had to unbolt the steering shaft and motor mounts, jack the engine up in the air then they finally went in.

MAF is an easy swap, and while your intake is off, go ahead and take the 2 screws out of your FPR and put the new one on, take out the 2 bolts on each side of your fuel rails and swap injectors. Should only take a few minutes for each. I say it'll be a 5-6 hour job total if you have Joe and your steb bro helping you.

Although I don't think it's not an option for you, I've had best success installing LT headers from underneath and coming up. As stated - jacking the motor as high as it will go helps a bunch.

Joe

Fel-Pro 1415's for the exhaust manifold gaskets. Coat the stock stuff in WD-40 the night before for easier wrenching. Get O2 extenders from Brothers, or you can do your own. The drivers side header will slide in from the bottom easy, as long as you have it high enough off the ground. The passenger side I got to go in without jacking the motor, but it was tight!

Should be like a whole new car when you're done! That LT and prochamber combo is going to be real quite at idle, but it will absolutely scream WOT. You'll love it.

Jake

Yeah like jake said fel-pro 1415s are a great gasket for the headers. Also try to use some lock washers or soemthing on the bolts cause they might start backin out. Also make sure you run a good bead of silicone in the valleys of the intake mani you dont want a vaccum/oil leak from there. The other thing is get some petrolum jelly to lub the o-rings of the 24#injectors for where they go into the rail and into the manifold it helps alot.

Dont mean to take over the thread but i got a question. When i go to do my h/c/i, i will be upgrading to long tubes also....so when i get the stock motor broken all the way down to the shortblock, will i be able to throw the long tubes down in there and continue building the motor back up? It seems like it would be much easier without the heads and whole top half of the motor in the way. Just trying to figure out what i have in store for myself.

An man, you need to get a clip of your exhaust...i am really interested in how it sounds and how loud it is. You need to record it some how...some way lol

nmcgrawj said:
Dont mean to take over the thread but i got a question. When i go to do my h/c/i, i will be upgrading to long tubes also....so when i get the stock motor broken all the way down to the shortblock, will i be able to throw the long tubes down in there and continue building the motor back up? It seems like it would be much easier without the heads and whole top half of the motor in the way. Just trying to figure out what i have in store for myself.

Nate the LT's will drop right in with the car torn down to the shortblock. Thats how I put mine in and they litterally dropped right in. Easiest LT install ever :D Now this blower install i'm doing now isnt easy. Everything is so god damn tight :rolleyes:

Grn92LX said:
Nate the LT's will drop right in with the car torn down to the shortblock. Thats how I put mine in and they litterally dropped right in. Easiest LT install ever :D Now this blower install i'm doing now isnt easy. Everything is so god damn tight :rolleyes:

Thats the best news i have heard all day! :D

That blower is going to be sweet man. Make sure you keep us all up to date! :nice: