Installing the new instrument lens

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
Oct 4, 2020
Florida
Has anyone done one of these? I believe the dash would be 86 and older??
Looks like I drill out the rivets and rerivet the new one on?

• Sponsors (?)

Once you drill the melted plastic spots out you will need to use two part epoxy to glue it back together. Don't use super glue because it will damage the clear lense. Hot glue may also work.

Reactions: 1 user
Once you drill the melted plastic spots out you will need to use two part epoxy to glue it back together. Don't use super glue because it will damage the clear lense. Hot glue may also work.
Yeah, I figured this out after I drilled on a couple of them.... They sure looked like little rivets at first...... I left enough for the new lens to still work........ Worse scenario is buying the complete unit from LMR, probably would of done that but I missed that part# when " browsing '....
I remember " fogging " up the clear parts of model cars and planes when I was young with the glue on my fingers and being in a hurry......Thanks for the recommendation

Last edited:
Since my credit card is just smoking from use on " while I am there should I replace this" events, what about replacing the printed circuit board " just because"??
Are there any weak points to look for while inspecting the old one??
And what about the voltage reducer that plugs in like a 9 volt battery??

When I reinstall this, I have thought I would not screw the dash in, only reconnect the electrical plugs and check how every thing was working after the " fire up" time comes?? Any thoughts here...... I don't want the card to cool down.....LOL
DSCF1039.JPG

Since my credit card is just smoking from use on " while I am there should I replace this" events, what about replacing the printed circuit board " just because"??
Are there any weak points to look for while inspecting the old one??
And what about the voltage reducer that plugs in like a 9 volt battery??

When I reinstall this, I have thought I would not screw the dash in, only reconnect the electrical plugs and check how every thing was working after the " fire up" time comes?? Any thoughts here...... I don't want the card to cool down.....LOL
DSCF1039.JPG
The cluster has been removed and replaced several times on my '86. The last couple of times because the copper trace came loose from the flexible circuit board, and no longer made contact with a portion of the main plug. It was removed again, and the loose traces glued back to the flexible circuit board. I gave serious thought to buying the replacement circuit board from NPD, but decided to wait.

Bill

Reactions: 1 user