Installing trickflow intake

cliff88145

Feb 28, 2006
Ok I did not think this would be the hardest part of the H/C/I swap but the intake has been a pita. where does this go and what is it for?
PICT0001.jpg
[/IMG]
PICT0002.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]

• Sponsors (?)

It should not be that far away. You may have to run that hose around some other hoses to get to it, but it should reach it, just like it does from the factory intake.

Does anyone else have a problem with the pcv hose/valve reaching?

It should be close enough to reach, even by the pictures, but it may be a little 'cocked' in the grommet.

Seems like it should be in the same place (more or less) Should be in the middle rear of the lower. I would think the placement couldnt change all that much to make the hose not reach.

It appears from the picture, and a couple friends intakes that I have seen, is part of the problem is the "screw-in portion" of the pcv valve hose is mounted on the side of the trickflow upper intakes, instead of underneath, like the factory/Edelbrock uppers are.

I do not think it is a problem with the pcv valve grommet location, but where the intake to hose connector is located. Locating it just that much further by it being directed more toward the driver side, than the center of the back of the block.

I am sure the reason they locate it on the outside is to clear taller valve covers...