installing x-pipe....?jacking procedures?

Ok i am installing my bassani x today. i have a floor jack and four 3 1/2 ton jack stands, how should i go about jacking up the car, and where should I put the floor jack each time i use it. i am assuming put the jack stands on the points the owners manual says to use for the jack? please reply!

• Sponsors (?)

Start by jacking up the front then place two jack stands on the k-member, with the jack stands all the way down. Then jack the back up and place the other two on the rear axle as close to the wheel/tire as you can for balance. Make sure these all of the way down as well. Then go back to the front and jack it up and raise the extensions, then do the same to the back. If you try to jack the front all the way up with the extensions raised, I don't believe you will have much room in the rear to manuever the jack. Just make sure the jack stand locations are secure when you lower the jack and you don't rest them on just on the edge of anything. Good luck.

Jack the car up in the front by putting the jack in the center of the k member. And jack the car up in the rear by putting the jack under your differential. That should do it. Good Luck. :nice:

You want to place the jack on the big plate (NOT THE OIL PAN!) that is under your car between the front wheels. If you get under the car you will see what I mean. It is the sturdy looking piece that is perfectly in the center of the car. Let me know if you have any other questions.