Insurance on a 94-98 Cobra, that bad?

JaredO99x

Sep 16, 2006
Houston, TX
I will be calling my agency tomorrow to check it out but I just wanted some feedback from you guys. I'm 21 with a squeaky clean driving record and have been scouting around for stangs that are in my price range. 87-93 Lx's/gt's, 94-95 5.0 gt's and cobras and 96-98 gt's/cobras. The cobras blue book in around 6k or so with 80-100k miles. I plan on keeping my liability insurance with progressive. Any of you younger stangers paying out the arse for insurance on cobras?

Thanks guys :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Umm, i live in Houston too and wouldn't drive in this crazy city without full coverage insurance. Unfortunately highly populated areas like ours usually have higher insurance rates hence the reason i have a GT and not a 99/01 Cobra for now

Well lets see here, when I had my 96 cobra a few years back I was 21 too. I had a perfect record and I was going through allstate at the time. I seem to remember for full coverage with a $1000 deductible I was paying somewhere right around $110-$120 a month. That was with allstates "good driver" "good student" and "loyal customer" discounts. Now I am with esurance 2 tickets and I pay $108.00/month $500.00 deductible for my GT.

i'm also 21, clean record, and my 96 gt vert will me about 650 / 6 months...
when i first got it, i went on my own policy (was on parents with previous car) and everything went through, i paid in full, only to find out they drop me 3 days after because its "high performance listed". I have to put my previous car on the policy as the "main" car for 3 months, then i can remove it, and will be good on the mustang only. With my mustang full coverage, and my '80 olds on liability, its only costing me 750 now, but will drop to 650 when i get the olds off.