insurance

• Sponsors (?)

what do you pay. i have hagerty. 400 annual 25k agreed value

Depends on where you live, what kind of driving you do, how many miles...etc. I live in the sticks and the car stays in a garage (and I have a spotless driving record). If you have an open carport, or live in an apt complex and drive the car daily then all those things can jack up your premium...also living in a large metro area can effect premium...

actually, I moved from a City area to the country and my rates went up.

has to do with Traffic Lights vs. Stop signs on rural roads. aparently there are more accidents on rural roads where there are no stop signs on the long stretch and lots of crossing streets.

usually they will not insure a car that is not garaged, a car port will not qualify.
well I didnt say this, but some things are best left unsaid when it comes to those matters... until you have a limb fall on it at your house and the adjuster comes to see...thats when you park it at your brothers house, lol.
As for the rate increasing moving to the country, im not sure I buy into the red lights vs. stop signs theory...i bet it would have more to do with distance for drives. The closest town to me has a population of 300 and im 5 miles away from it...i cant imagine my premium of 240 bucks decreasing if i moved to a metro area. I actually sell property and casualty insurance and the one thing i do know...is that nobody really knows, its a goofy animal and different companies do different things.

.i cant imagine my premium of 240 bucks decreasing if i moved to a metro area.
Actually the insurance rate will change based on the area and th poplulation.Its called "redlining" and its illegal for insurance compaines to do, but they get away with it. My insurance is based on the population of my city(about 50,000) and the next city is less then 5 miles away and has about 40,000.The problem is my area has now become about 70% asian and they cant drive worth a damn, so theres more chance of a accident, so they raise my rates.My brother moved 150 miles away and his insurance dropped about 400 a year

What do you guys think would be the best place to get insurance for a daily driver classic? I need to be able to put about 15k miles a year on mine. I currently have full coverage on my 68 for about $500 per year.