Intake/Exhaust Modifications - FEEDBACK NEEDED

Jenns01TA

Mar 31, 2005
I am doing a little technical reseach in response to some recent threads. I need to know how many of you folks have performed the following modifications with or without Diagnostic Code throws (with or without the Check Engine Light). Please respond back. I am compiling this to discuss with a couple of the major tuning shops and perhaps SCT/Diablo.

I am seeing a pattern occurring with the V-8s and so far do not have enough on the V-6s to. By helping me, I can try to help everyone. :nice:

CAI with DCTs
CAI with no DCTs
CAI + Tune with DCTs
CAI + Tune with no DCTs
CAI + Tune + Header install with DCTs
CAI + Tune + Header install with no DCTs
CAI + Header with DCTs
CAI + Header with no DCTs
Exhaust Header Only with DCTs
Exhaust Header Only with no DCTs
True Dual Exhaust + Tune with DCTs
True Dual Exhaust + Tune no DCTs
CAI + Exhaust with DCTs
CAI + Exhaust with no DCTs
CAI + Exhaust + Tune with DCTs
CAI + Exhaust + Tune with no DCTs

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks you two.

GoldenPony, nice exhaust set-up ya' got there. Cha-ching...

Rock, I read your thread on the 93 octane tune issue. It was nice to see Mr. Tucker chiming in on a few threads regarding his CAI as well.

I still need a lot more input and unless I get more proactive responses, I will have to spend research time in the thread search.

Thanks again for the input.

Jenn

I am running my 06 GT with Corsa axlebacks and x-pipe with a WMS High Velocity Intake. No tune to date and love the sound and performance (279 rwhp & 293 max torque). I am still planning on buying an SCT XCalibrator 2 some time in the near future.

Thanks again for the feedback guys. I have sinking feeling that the tuners have some serious homework ahead of them with this EEC/PCM AF deviations and that the communication between the end user and the programmer needs to be buttoned down a bit.

It looks like most problems are happening at the tuning point.

I have a race to go to and will pop on later to check on more feedback.

Enjoy your Saturday and get out drive those Stangs and represent!

L-8-ter Jenn